0 Replies - 838 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Developing a Secure Web Portal in the Cloud

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am running a startup and I need to figure out the best environment to develop my web portal in. My business essentially takes data that will be uploaded remotely from our clients and transforms it into dynamic charts and tables that will be available for the client to view through a web portal. Ensuring the data is pretty secure at all stages is a priority. I am strongly considering using Amazon Web Services (AWS) as my platform, but the Google platform is still in play.

I developed a working prototype in PHP / HTML / Javascript using Dreamweaver to put everything together, but I want to ensure the enterprise grade product is developed in the right environment, even if it's held together by spaghetti code for time being.

1) What development framework should I employ if I want to deploy the web portal in AWS?

2) I'm slightly confused as to what database services from Amazon I will need - the data itself will have SQL queries run on it and then moved to various intermediary tables; does this sound like something a SimpleDB or a DynamicDB from AWS is called for?

Thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1