Browser Based Game Programming

Beginner needing assistance.

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 9088 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2007 - 12:34 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Browser Based Game Programming

Post icon  Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hello, I want to eventually work my way up to making games like this: http://www.theninja-rpg.com but I never programmed once in my life, however, I plan to take college courses on game design and programming along with the languages in a year or two but would like to get a nice start on learning now. How does one go about making a browser based game?

Someone told me they made a simple one with basic battle system in a little less than 3 days (he had to wait for domain to clear as well.)

Thanks in advanced.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Browser Based Game Programming

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Browser Based Game Programming

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:21 PM

This question appears a lot on the forums. So much so that we have created a nice little thread that can get you started in the right direction. A good game will take a bit of dedication, but if you are willing to go through with it, this will point you down the road.

Want to make a web based game

Good luck to you! Can't wait to play the game. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:23 PM

I read that, however, I don't understand it one bit. Any tips for a MAJOR beginner? I don't mean beginner (little knowledge of coding, I mean zero knowledge of coding and no knowledge of scripts etc.)

Edit: I got a game-plan already. I plan for it to be a horrible game, however, I want to be able to freely create more and more to get better.

This post has been edited by Gakknor: 08 September 2007 - 04:24 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Gakknor, you need to learn the basics of PHP and MySQL before starting to make a browser-based game. Check out this book: OReilly Learning PHP and MySQL (it's a torrent file for the ebook). I learned PHP and MySQL after that book and it helped me a lot. Now I know enough to start making my own PHP-game, so you might want to consider doing some hard reading...

Oh and don't say it's horrible... there are like no horrible browser-based games :))

This post has been edited by edu2004eu: 10 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1