4 Replies - 427 Views - Last Post: 16 September 2013 - 08:50 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to print e-certificate

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Dear all,
i would like to make a program which allow user to download their own certificate online.

e.g Just like this page.

user key in their bib no. (e.g 21263) then it will show some information of it, and when user click download e-certificate, they can download the e-certificate in pdf format.

can i use php to do so? or what is the program which i can use to make it? please advice if any keyword which i can search through this forum or any google sites. I'd tried to google, but can get the satisfactory results.

I need your help here as i need to proceed with this function to complete my task.

thank you in advance..

This post has been edited by xuany: 15 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to print e-certificate

#2 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to print e-certificate

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Sure, there are PHP libraries to manipulate PDFs. One approach would be to build the "certificate" in HTML (including personal information - name, time, etc) and feed it into such a library to spit out a PDF.

tcpdf is one such library. Take a look at some of the examples and see if you think you could work with this. here are other libraries, this is just one that was used on a project I worked on - I didn't actually work with it directly, so I can't say much about how easy it was to deal with.

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 15 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

Keep in mind, though, that libraries like TCPDF have pretty limited HTML conversion capabilities. You need to be careful to stick to the HTML/CSS that the library you choose can handle.

Honestly, having had to deal with TCPDF and FPDF myself recently, I found it far less problematic to just use Cell and MultiCell functions to set things up. Especially when setting up multiple pages with a footer. Using HTML seems like a better solution at first, because it's such a nice language to structure content in, but it has a tendency to create more problems than it solves within these libraries.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

if i have a template jpg for the certificate, can i print all the particulars on that template and allow the user to print? i don't think it can be made with html as i need designs on the certificate...

any other suggestions?

thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

its no problem for PHP to modify (or create) an image, so "printing" your data onto the template image using one of PHPs image libraries (e.g. GD, Imagick) poses no problem.

whether your users want an image is a totally different matter.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1