Any sugestions on my site appreciated

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 1363 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

My Site...

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:26 AM

Hi Guys,

I have posted in the Introduction forum, all information about me can be found there..

I am making a new website for my company.

The website link is: www.jdbcomputers.co.uk/new

I have been going on this site for about a week... And it derived from a template i purchased online. So far only the front page is changed.

Any suggestions welcome.

At the moment I am kindof hangin at the Free online support library, I need to try and get a menu of some description in there, but i cant make anything look good!! lol

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My Site...

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My Site...

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:31 AM

www.jdbcomputers.co.uk
As a link, i think you will get more comments.

The colour scheme is ok, the green behind the links seems out of place, since the rest of the page is dark, but if you worked it in elsewhere i think it would be a nice contrast.
personally it seems small as well. I view the net through 1028/1024 and so do many others, but your site is squished in the middle... when you visit a site it should fill the screen properly at all resolutions. Take DIC for an example it looks great huge, or in a reduced window.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

View PostWilliam_Wilson, on 9 Sep, 2007 - 06:31 AM, said:

www.jdbcomputers.co.uk
As a link, i think you will get more comments.

The colour scheme is ok, the green behind the links seems out of place, since the rest of the page is dark, but if you worked it in elsewhere i think it would be a nice contrast.
personally it seems small as well. I view the net through 1028/1024 and so do many others, but your site is squished in the middle... when you visit a site it should fill the screen properly at all resolutions. Take DIC for an example it looks great huge, or in a reduced window.

Some of the images load slow, and some not at all. On some of the pages, the template is messed up and everything doesn't line up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:18 AM

Hi guys and thanks for your comments...

With regards to the other pages, Ive not looked at them yet, so not a clue what they look like, I wanted to get the index page just how i like it, then follow with that style throughout.

Which images load slow? Are you aware of what may cause them to load slow?

With regards to size, one of my main 'wants' was to have the site in the middle in a 'box'. I like the style on my PC but havent thought about how other people may view it... Im working on 1280x1025. People with bigger monitors and higher res may have to squint to see the site!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can address this issue and still have the site centered and in a box??

THanks

Jon
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

Well a lot of users would just hold cntrl+(scroll the mouse wheel) to adjust the size of their inner-browser. Or at least I do when I use my computer at home sometimes. In most cases, I think the size you currently have may be just fine.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:52 AM

I am in agreeance to everyone elses suggestions so far, a few things I also noticed were:

The line on the left of the logo in the head doesn't work for me, if you are dead set on it being there, make it another color than the border

The footer needs a background

Other than that it looks great!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:59 AM

View PostWilliam_Wilson, on 9 Sep, 2007 - 06:31 AM, said:

the green behind the links seems out of place

I agree with William here; that was the first thing I noticed when I visited the site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1