2 Replies - 678 Views - Last Post: 23 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What programming language should I learn ?C or C++ or C# or Java,other

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

Hi all,

I don't know any programming language. I don't have any technical background. But I want learn. I have a dream to make a my own OS. But for this I need to learn programming language. It maybe depends on Linux/UNIX. Because writing kernel by myself would be very tough for me. If you have any idea you can tell me.
I found that C or C++ is the programming language for developing OS. Is it true ?
What is JAVA ? What we can do in JAVA ?
What should I learn first for understanding programming and OS function. If you have any other language by which I can develop my own OS ? Some friends told me that you need to .net first in your computer. What is this?
Advise me and teat me as a fresher in this field.

Thanks
Pawan Purohit
http://www.pawanpurohit.in

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What programming language should I learn ?C or C++ or C# or Java,other

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What programming language should I learn ?C or C++ or C# or Java,other

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

If you want to make your own OS, you need to know what constitutes an OS, the code you will write needs to express an idea you first develop on paper of whiteboard, that is called pseudocode, then you will take those bits and pieces to form you one big masterpiece, so in a way programming is an art, just like painter paining a picture. Just like painters colors are used to make picture, coders syntax is a tool used to create program, there is no set in stone way to do that, you have to experiment for yourself.

This may be broad definition, the rest is up to you.
Good luck and welcome to DIC.

This post has been edited by Michael26: 23 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Fire giant boob nipple gun!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What programming language should I learn ?C or C++ or C# or Java,other

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Unix is almost entirely written in C. You'll need to put aside the idea of writing an OS until you've learned to program.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1