5 Replies - 410 Views - Last Post: 23 September 2013 - 06:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how do I make this very simple 2D dexterity game?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hi guys,
I am wanting to create this very simple 2D dexterity game (unless it already exists online?) which is used for testing Air Force pilots if their dexterity and coordination skills are up to the task of learning to fly.
It goes a little something like this:
On the screen there is one large circle in the middle, about 6cm in diameter. Whithin that circle, there is a smaller dot, about 1cm in diameter, which will move around randomly. The aim is to use a joystick to keep the small dot in the large circle as it tries to drift around randomly.

My coding experience is close to nothing, but any guidance is genuinely appreciated!!! Even if someone could point me in to the right direction in terms of guides to read/ programmes to download in order to get things underway, that would help emmensely.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how do I make this very simple 2D dexterity game?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how do I make this very simple 2D dexterity game?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

Your topic is broad and hard to nail down without specifics. Platfroms, needed complexity, distribution, etc? Are you looking to learn how to program or just want this project done? If it is the latter then why not just hire someone to do it? If it's the former then learning the basics of programming would be the first step and down the road a bit you can tackle this program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 September 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Your topic is broad and hard to nail down without specifics. Platfroms, needed complexity, distribution, etc? Are you looking to learn how to program or just want this project done? If it is the latter then why not just hire someone to do it? If it's the former then learning the basics of programming would be the first step and down the road a bit you can tackle this program.

I only want it for personal use, not for distribution. I really just want the project done. How could I go about hiring someone to do it?? You would'nt be interested, would you modi123??? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I would suggest posting in 'post a job' forum and be very explicit on platform, language, functionality, pay, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 September 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

I would suggest posting in 'post a job' forum and be very explicit on platform, language, functionality, pay, etc.

Ok great, thank you very much for your help! How long do you think it would take someone/ how much should the job pay??
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

... aren't those things that you need to provide? How much money are you willing to pay for it.. and when do you need it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1