3 Replies - 1356 Views - Last Post: 23 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Foreignization of Computer Programming, lower salaries?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

I recently read an article stating that the "foreignization"(not a word) of Computer Programming was going to cause lower salaries and make it harder for freelancers and telecommuters to get Computer Programming jobs. Do you guys think that this is true?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Foreignization of Computer Programming, lower salaries?

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Foreignization of Computer Programming, lower salaries?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Is there cite for that?

How is that different than what is currently going on with out-sourcing now?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 23 September 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Is there cite for that?

How is that different than what is currently going on with out-sourcing now?

Yeah, I will give you the link but I have been reading it a lot on the internet. The problem is that I have A.D.D and it actually helps when I have less noise around to distract me. A lot of my work is centered on telecommuting(working from home) and telework in general. Is there anyway to say for sure if I should continue to pursue programming as a career? It does seem like Odesk is filled with foreign programmers with low rates, should I be worried that eventually this is going to make it too hard to find well paying jobs in the field?

Link is here
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Yeah, I will give you the link but I have been reading it a lot on the internet.

Sure.. but notice the dates.. they are scattered across fifteen or twenty years. For example - that link: March 11, 2007. Again, I ask - what is the inherent difference from what is happening now?

. A lot of my work is centered on telecommuting(working from home) and telework in general.

... so you have a job in IT then?

Is there anyway to say for sure if I should continue to pursue programming as a career?

Really? Is there a way to be certain about *ANY* job or career?

It does seem like Odesk is filled with foreign programmers with low rates, should I be worried that eventually this is going to make it too hard to find well paying jobs in the field?

Again that's been going on for sometime. While side work is difficult there is a constant pull and shove over price vs quality. There are contract companies (for tech consultants) that organize things for you.. and of course the normal brick and mortar.. both help to provide alternatives.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1