• Last »

150 Replies - 8277 Views - Last Post: 25 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

#1 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Zombie Apocalypse Planning

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

It might just be me and my bunch of odd friends, but I doubt it. Who else has a plan for the zombie apocalypse?

When the dead start to rise and come hunting for your brains, how will you survive?

Given the location I live in, my friends and I have a multiple stage plan to get our loved ones to somewhere safe (or at least safe-ish. It's the zombie apocalypse, there isn't anywhere truly safe).

Each of our stage ones is slightly different and ends when we reach a friend's farm, but all revolve around a few simple things. First, secure enough transport for everyone you are evacuating. Not a problem for me, as I live only a few minutes walk away from the local bus station. That provides me with lots of fuel, and a double decker bus or two - more than enough space for mine and my girlfriend's extensive, yet immediate family.

My second step is to collect members of said family. Mine live elsewhere, so they are for later in the list. After collecting some of my girlfriend's family, we split into two groups. One group takes most of the drivers in our party and goes out doing a spot of what I like to call 'local looting', while the other goes and collects the rest of the family.

The local looting group has a couple of stops to make. The most important one being the local hospital to get some of the drivers into an ambulance or three. Voila, medical supplies. Their next stop is the police station for riot gear, weapons, more vehicles if we need them, and anything interesting in the confiscated goods locker (in our town, there is a good chance there will be some very interesting items in there).

After that, the local looting group heads out of the town to the next stop, the local TA barracks where we collect any soldiers still living, and guns and ammo. If we can find the right fuel for it, we've also got ourselves a tank. Team bus should have finished collecting everyone and should meet team local looters here too.

Once everyone is back together, we press on. Asda (or Walmart for the Americans) is next. It is a big out-of-town department store, so has all sorts of stuff, and enough preserved food to do the feeding of the five thousand about five thousand times. Perhaps more importantly, there is also a petrol station there, so stocking up on fuel here is possible too.

While most of us are loading supplies into the various vehicles we have, I'll take maybe a couple of others and one of the vehicles across to collect the rest of my family. Fortunately, they all live in a very small stretch of street, so a single stop will be enough to collect them all. Here will also involve some loading. Fortunately, between the four of them, they have three cars, so carrying all the gardening equipment should be pretty simple. From there, back to Asda and meet up with the others.

After Asda has been looted and we are well stocked, it's time to hit the road. Next stop, my friend's farm to meet everyone else. By the time all my friends check in there, we should have quite a few people. Far too many for a single farm.

But, I also live fairly close to the coast. We have an island not far from where I live, that is attached to the UK mainland by a single causeway that is only open at low tide. If it is high tide when we reach it, we'll set up the vehicles in a barricade to help keep the zombies out, then as soon as it is passable, head on over. Once the tide goes back up, the island is completely cut off and, therefore, more or less safe.

Eventually, we'd need to come back to the mainland for farmland and power, but there are farms up that way that are miles from anywhere, and have their own windmill power source. Not to mention we'd be able to fish in the North Sea.

So, there you have it. Our zombie apocalypse plan. Maybe more comprehensive than others, but what do you expect when you get a bunch of stoned people sitting chatting while watching zombies on TV?

What is your zombie apocalypse plan?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Zombie Apocalypse Planning

#2 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Planning

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

My plan is to become a Zombie and engage in some seriously hardcore PvP
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

((I hope this is the one I'm thinking of, I'm at work and I have it muted :x))
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

My vision of zombie apocalypse

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 DarenR  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

i think ill just stick to hamburger
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 ybadragon  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

I would live on top of walmart
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

View Postybadragon, on 24 September 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I would live on top of walmart

That would do for a while. Maybe even a year or two, but what happens when either oneof the zombies gets inside the store, or you run out of food? You'd be screwed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 ybadragon  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

Walmart has guns and bullets, and I hunt on a regular basis in real life. As for food, I could use the things I find in walmart to create a water purifier that catches the rain. using said water will both keep me hydrated as well as allow me to water the plants in a garden I would set up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Trouble with that plan is you would have to fight off everyone else who would no doubt have exactly the same plan as you...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 ybadragon  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Unless, they wanted to work together, which I would try before fighting, because I would need someone to talk to in order to pass the time. If we're saying this in the case of being the last "person" on earth in the original post, there wouldn't be a reason to live in my opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

Oh no, not last person... More you wake up one morning, and the world has gone to hell. There are survivors out there... For now. If you want to save anyone, you have to go get them.

Like in my OP, I said we'd be going around picking up my GF's family. I'd not expect to get them all saved. There are loads of them, so undoubtedly some of them would fall to the zombies.

Edit: Not to mention, guns and bullets are all well and good, but if you are located in one specific place and you open fire, it is going to attract attention until you find the store completely surrounded. Then it's only a matter of time before one of them breaks in.

This post has been edited by Bort: 24 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

I would do that too I guess. Start a victory garden and not let anybody up there but me and hot guys so we could, erm, repopulate the earth. Also board games.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Like Twister? ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +