#31 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Planning

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

View Posth4nnib4l, on 25 September 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

No plan survives first contact.

EDIT: A farm with power generation and gray water collection/filtrationis about the only "plan" that has any chances, but even that becomes pretty untenable the first time a commandeered hmmwv with a mounted .50 cal shows up.

That's why I have the tank on my list :)

They can try coming into my compound with a humvee and mounted .50 cal, but I'll have a tank.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

View Posth4nnib4l, on 25 September 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

No plan survives first contact.

Some of mine do.

If you know what I mean.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• DIC-head, major DIC-head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

1 tank against army of zombies, i don't think that will last very long, it may be useful in evacuating your family and friends but those that are left behind in a tank are doomed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:24 PM

If you prepare yourself for a Zombie Apocalypse, then you are prepared for almost anything.

Check this out. 1 year supply food http://www.costco.co...gency-food.html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Well you guys may enjoy this very much then, I am a member of a ZA prepper forum site. (www.zombie-forum.com)
My name: "The Crazy8th" as always haha.
From what I have seen (TheCrazy8th is a newer account but I was a member over a year ago.) this site has a few guys who knows what they're talking about, they can help with any planning at all. If you have any problems/questions they can solve them easily. Or you could ask me, I have been a prepper for this ever since I can remember. Feel free to PM me on here, reach me on Skype, or reach me on another forum site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Is rain water safe to drink? What if it's acid rain without you knowing? :wheelchair:

My plan is to survive in the zombie apocalypse is to put zombie blood in myself so i'll get immunized by the zombies. I can eat all i want, play all i want, and do whatever i want with zombies treating me as one of their own.

I should avoid rainwater though so i won't let the zombie blood get off my body.
I would also need to adopt myself living with scary, dead smelt creatures. :gun_bandana:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

Yes rain water is generally safe to drink.

Acid rain just means it has a high ph. There can be some acid rain that is high enough to make you ill.

Standing rain water though collects parasites and other things.

You can of course just boil the water.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

I'd gather the wife and kids, clean out the fridge and pantry and head to the nearest coast in whatever conveyance can get me there soonest and steal a boat. Set up a cistern to collect rainwater and reacquaint myself with fishing. Preferably a sailboat so we'd not be dependent on fuel for going places. I have maybe enough pistol ammo to manage an escape but it would depend on whether I was shooting at zombies or asshole people as well. I expect the latter would be a better than 50/50 chance.

Best zombie book series by far is a Kindle ebook series called Aftermath by D.J. Molles. If this is your thing then that book is your thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 16 October 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Is rain water safe to drink? What if it's acid rain without you knowing? :wheelchair:/>

My plan is to survive in the zombie apocalypse is to put zombie blood in myself so i'll get immunized by the zombies. I can eat all i want, play all i want, and do whatever i want with zombies treating me as one of their own.

I should avoid rainwater though so i won't let the zombie blood get off my body.
I would also need to adopt myself living with scary, dead smelt creatures. :gun_bandana:/>

Not to be an ass but this is a horrible plan...I really hope you were joking or else you are screwed if a ZA does happen. The best thing to do, IMO, is to simple go from town to town, city to city, state to state. Raiding, looting, killing zeds. That's the only way I could think to survive. Usually staying in one place tends not to work unless it's VERY secure. Maybe one of those ancient castles in Europe would work. High walls, enough farmland in the courtyards (hopefully), and more than likely little to no walkers. Also never take your family unless you wanna end up dead. I know most people would love to save their parents, siblings, wives/gf's or husbands/bf's but it will land you in the arms of a nice flesh eating zed easier than thought. Let's say your family members die, you get pissed off and go on a killing spree, quickly overrun by zeds and killed. Let's say your family member is trapped and even if they are totally safe for the time being you can't think straight with a hot head and knowing that family member is "in danger." So you, stupidly, try to rescue them and possible kill yourself and them.

The best way to survive is with a group of semi-close friends. This way you can trust them but have less of a chance to risk your own life for 'em. Stocked up with ammo and, most importantly, melee weapons. Grab as much med and food supplies as possible. Make sure to track local hordes if you are moving from town to town or if you're staying in one place. One single horde can be the death of you all and very easily. Avoid small spaces that could get you trapped. Avoid small or compact buildings, compact streets/alleys, cluttered road spaces, ect. Make sure to always double check every single corner, you never know when you might miss something and that could get someone bit. When someone is bit, show no pity...Kill them, it's easier for everyone to do it now then later.

That's just a few tips from me to survive a ZA. Anyone wants to know more just PM me or something. I am a ZA prepper in some ways. I don't really stockpile a bunch of food and weapons and stuff but I learn what I need to survive. Have been studying this stuff for over 10 years now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for a plan?
Besides, I don't even like the SHOWS about zombies, ex. The Walking Dead.
I am the 1%
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#41 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

View Post~homsar47, on 21 October 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

Am I the only one who doesn't see the need for a plan?
Besides, I don't even like the SHOWS about zombies, ex. The Walking Dead.
I am the 1%

You were never a scout, were you? Their motto is 'Be Prepared'. Even for a zombie apocalypse.

Oh, and I got some bad news. The base where the tank was in my home town has moved the tank :(

Best I can manage now are their artillery pieces, but they will probably cause more problems than they solve.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

I was a scout for six years. But I hated it so much, that if it weren't for my dad, that would have been one year.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#43 Bort  Icon User is online

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

Then you should understand the need for a zombie apocalypse plan.

I mean, without aplan, what's going to happen to you if the undead take over the world? Your brain gets eaten, and you join their ranks, that's what.

It's people like you that will be the death of us all :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:41 AM

View Post~homsar47, on 21 October 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

I was a scout for six years. But I hated it so much, that if it weren't for my dad, that would have been one year.

Well that's a bummer. First grade Cub Scout here all the way to Eagle Scout and loved every minute of it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I don't think any military hardware outside of the motor pool would be useful for most civilians in post-apocalyptic environment. And without military logistics, those things are all just giant hunks of metal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »