3 Replies - 3409 Views - Last Post: 10 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Creating setup files...

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

Hello folks,
My question is regarding any programmming language... how do the developers create a setup file for their software which can be installed in any computer irrespective of other packages installed in it???..for example, I always code in c#.net and when i create an application i can create a setup file in visual studio which is of few megabytes..but when i need to install the same setup file in other system which doesnt have dot Net framework, it will not work....for that, i need to install the dot net framework seperately which is more than 20MB...this doesnt make sense...
usually setup files dont ask for any preinstalled packages...they just execute n get installed..please tell me how to do it so that i can distribute my applications to other people thru setup files which would be easier for them to use....

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Creating setup files...

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Creating setup files...

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

To install an application created with .Net the target computer has to have the .Net Framework installed. Theres no way to get around that unfortunately.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

.net, as mentioned, requires a specific framework, or runtime environment to be installed. the same is true of java.

Should you wish to deploy applications that do not require a specific runtime environment,a different language will have to be used.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

Make a bootstrapper program containing the application prerequisites. And hwn you put this on disk and include it with the setup files

This post has been edited by dragonjewel: 10 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1