1 Replies - 1146 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What kind of poorly designed websites that sell products have you seen

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

I really can't believe how sloppy some websites can be. Yesterday I was looking at a workout website and it sold individual guides e-books and exclusive pdfs for paid members. After really looking over all of the links and sitemap found there were actual links that lead me to the paid download link for certain books.

I then found another link for another book both seemed to download from the same source folder. I then played with the naming in the address bar and removed the pdf names and just tried to load the root folder. Sure enough I was brought to a ftp download page which had a good chunk of all the guides available. I was amazed in the huge flaw with this website selling these exact products.

What poor design or flaw have you guys seen in websites?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What kind of poorly designed websites that sell products have you seen

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Dic Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What kind of poorly designed websites that sell products have you seen

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Adrian Lamo found a security flaws in yahoo news using nothing but a web-browser in Kinko's.

As far as sales, a friend of mine once saw a website (don't remember) that took the arguments over the GET array, so one could easily change the positive charge amount to a negative. Lame.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1