• +
  • « First

156 Replies - 9951 Views - Last Post: 10 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Fall/Winter 2013 Fitness

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Finally back in the gym after another back episode. It has officially been a year since I re-injured it, and I haven't been able to keep a good workout routine for more than a few weeks since. I'm trying to take it easy, but dammit it doesn't feel like it counts if I'm not good and sore. The VA gave me an air-pump-powered traction table, but told me nothing about how I should be using it. I had a few sessions on theirs, and I feel like I remember her mentioning 60 lbs of pressure, so that's what I'm going with. I generally feel like I got hit by a truck afterwords, but I'm walking more normally than I have in a long time, which is nice. So we'll see how long it lasts this time...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

I need to get off my fat ass and start doing something again.

I feel like a slug... a giant, jiggly, lumpy, lard-assed slug.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding Dynamo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:02 AM

220pounds squat
240pounds DL
160pounds bench press
95pounds shoulder press

@150pounds

Gonna start doing some serious callisthenics soon...

This post has been edited by RexGrammer: 01 March 2014 - 03:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

March is National Nutrition Month. Anyone have any super duper awesome nutritional stuff they do that doesn't involve protein powders and juicing?

I've started doing this refrigerated oatmeal thing every morning this month - because people keep telling me I need to eat breakfast to help keep me from binging on bad, bad stuff mid-morning. It's actually pretty good and keeps me full until lunch (1/2 c. old fashioned oats, 1 tsp chia seeds, 2 tsp ground flaxseed, 2 tsp Splenda, 1 container Chobani Simply 100 Greek yogurt, 1/4 c. 1% milk, fresh fruit of choice... mix it together, toss it in the fridge overnight, pop it open and eat it cold in the morning - 414 calories, 9g fat, 66g carbs, 24g protein, 98mg sodium).

Lunch recently has been a large grapefruit, a container of yogurt, and a Michelina's frozen meal (not healthy or low sodium in the least, but they were on sale for 88 cents a piece).

Dinner, on the other hand, is more of a crap shoot. If the kids don't eat it all, I'll have dinner. If the kids DO eat it all, I won't have dinner. Probably about as productive as skipping breakfast, but I refuse to make twice as much food as we'll actually need for dinner because my kids will keep eating until it's gone or they explode - whichever comes first. I'm trying to avoid randomly exploding children.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#155 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:10 PM

Exploding children? Make them watch the Willy Wonka lessons about gluttony. That or clips from the movie 'Seven'.

I am just stoked that - with the on set of warmer weather - going to the gym is less than a pain in the tuckus. I am feeling jazzed about getting back to a two-three a week excursion (now that this zero degree bullshit is starting to slack off).

I may start doing some walking in the evening too.. Not full on yog (that's with a soft j), but some cardio..

Oh - nothing overly health conscious for the month, but I may skim through some recommendations from Mrs. Obama.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I am on 12 hour night shift for the next two weeks. I am going to low carb it again for the two weeks and try to at least go for some short runs right after I get off work. Hopefully I won't be too tired to get some exercise in and control my diet. One good thing is I can't leave so I only have the food I bring in to work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

POPULAR

i benched 225x8 and 255x1 on friday. felt like a fucking boss.
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First