• +

23 Replies - 4776 Views - Last Post: 01 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

#16 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Tell Me About Your Coffee Maker

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sounds like you gotta talk to Farrell about that one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I don't drink coffee or try not to, I drink 5 hour energy shots, people have been telling me it's really bad for you.

Thoughts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#18 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

I don't know much about those stuff. Sounds unpleasant to me, but it's your brain - whatever cranks your difference engine.

But what's your beef with coffee? Coffee's brilliant. Coffee is the black goddess of mathematics, the demon lover, that which availeth. She brings insight and she points the way to the truth. Not to mention, she scatters with fists of burning thunder the headaches that cripple us in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon. She parts clouds, and succours the bedrizzled and the down-at-heart.
Coffee is your friend. Turn not your face away, lest ye be curst with slumberings at ill-fated times, such as in the middle of an important meeting or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postjon.kiparsky, on 30 September 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

I don't know much about those stuff. Sounds unpleasant to me, but it's your brain - whatever cranks your difference engine.

But what's your beef with coffee? Coffee's brilliant. Coffee is the black goddess of mathematics, the demon lover, that which availeth. She brings insight and she points the way to the truth. Not to mention, she scatters with fists of burning thunder the headaches that cripple us in the mornings and sometimes in the afternoon. She parts clouds, and succours the bedrizzled and the down-at-heart.
Coffee is your friend. Turn not your face away, lest ye be curst with slumberings at ill-fated times, such as in the middle of an important meeting or something.

LOL! Nice Poem about Coffee.

I have no beef with coffee and I do drink it in the worst case emergency needed situation. It does strange things to me for some reason. Same with Frappuccino/Cappuccino, and other forms of Coffee.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

I work at Panera, so when I brew coffee for the restaurant I just snag some.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm rather astonished by the number of replies already!

I suggest a french press. First off, there's no need to buy paper filters. Secondly, as long as you can heat water you can make coffee, it's not dependant on a single energy source.

On the flip side, do not get a home espresso machine. They suck. They tend to be under powered, making terrible espresso. They also tend to break after only a few months of use. Professional machines are not an option either as they are designed for the heavy load of a coffee house and are intended to be left on about 98% of the time (not to mention very very expensive).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#22 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I find I have to balance convenience and flavor. French pressed coffee tastes amazing, but it takes a bit more effort to make. I'm a zombie in the morning. I need something that equates to "push button; receive coffee", so I use a Keurig. Really, if you only drink a few cups a day at home, it's great. If you are the kind of person that drinks several cups throughout the day, it'll be too expensive and wasteful, unless you also use the re-usable cup that supersloth mentioned. But I swear by it. I'll make french press coffee when I want a treat, Keurig when I just need caffeine.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

K-cups are my goto for workdays, but when I have time (or when we're camping) it's french pressed for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 30 September 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

Get a Keurig.
Then get Donut House k-cups.
Make. Sip. Enjoy.

This. I also like the Green Mountain Hazelnut coffee. Easiest thing to do in the morning.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +