2 Replies - 1185 Views - Last Post: 29 September 2013 - 01:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Partially Programmed Software

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

I am not a developer. I am a client. I hired a freelancer to create a software product that could be used on a broad cross-section of PCs. I believe he used asp.net 4.0 and C#. (but I am not totally sure). He has delivered the software product up to about 90% completion. There are some minor errors that would be easy to finish, but he did not know how to integrate the Paypal component.

The project was fully funded according to our terms, and he was paid at the milestones as each one was delivered. However, he has now disappeared.

My question to anyone who is a software engineer is, I have the program on my computer system, is there a way to work with the files that I have, if I were to give this to a new programmer? Can the .exe files be deconstructed so that a new person could finalize what needs to be done, or do I have to start over again with the entire software development, from scratch?

I am so stunned by this behavior, he had such a great reputation, not one negative word was said about him.

Thanks for your thoughts, I invested so much time in working on this project, I just want to see if it can be saved, somehow.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Partially Programmed Software

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Partially Programmed Software

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

short answer, no, not cheaply.

If you had all of the source code you could probably give it to another developer to finish. However if you are not a developer I would suggest not using terms like "It would be easy to finish".

Also I believe you have to contact paypal directly and sort out their service. I don't think it's something you can plugin and have it work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Partially Programmed Software

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

thank you, it said to promote answer if it is good, where do I do that?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1