4 Replies - 280 Views - Last Post: 02 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

[Question] How to do this in PHP/HTML/JS/Ect

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Posted Image

Ok, so as shown in the image above. I am trying to make a system like that for my website but i can't figure it out... I am not really sure where this could go so if there is a section i miss can a mod please move it there.

The image i have given is a form made in VB. There has to be a way to make something like that for a website... Also if you have not seen in the image i have to be able to call the values on form submit. I don't want to have MySQL hold it... Maybe if it was a temporary thing and it deleted it after...

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 02 October 2013 - 08:11 AM
Reason for edit:: fixed img tags

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: [Question] How to do this in PHP/HTML/JS/Ect

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: [Question] How to do this in PHP/HTML/JS/Ect

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:10 AM

Shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. I do have a couple of clarifying questions though:

Is the data entered in the form persistent (does it stay around if you close the window and open a new one)?

Are you wanting it to be in its own window (like a popup/ windows style sub-window)?

If "yes" to question 1:
-- Should the user be able to access their same data from different computers, or only the same computer?

-- Are there multiple users?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

You need to wrap the URL in img tags to display it.
Posted Image

I'm not particularly sure what you are trying to do. You could call a javascript function on the click of a button, and alter the HTML of a DOM element. There are many tutorials on the web for creating HTML forms. I recommend creating the form and then adding functionality to it.

The code for calling a function on the click of a button is seen below.
<button onclick="myFunction()">Click me</button>

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

View PostBetaWar, on 02 October 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

Shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish. I do have a couple of clarifying questions though:

Is the data entered in the form persistent (does it stay around if you close the window and open a new one)?

Are you wanting it to be in its own window (like a popup/ windows style sub-window)?

If "yes" to question 1:
-- Should the user be able to access their same data from different computers, or only the same computer?

-- Are there multiple users?

It doesn't need to be persistent... sessions mayne?... I would like it to be in the same form... I want each user to be able to connect to the site and enter there information then click a button and it will send the information to a text file, That then shows in a textarea with a copy button.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Ok, in that case you will need to store the information server-side, and it will be persistent (since it is being stored).

The easiest way to do the storage, especially if you have different data for each user, is to use a database. With MySQLi it is pretty simple to avoid people injecting bad things (like deleting everything in the database). From there, depending on how similar you want the web page's table to be to the .NET component, you may want to look at this (there are a ton of these "javascript sortable table" scripts out there). You will need to know the basics of html forms and php form processing, and then a basic login system and everything should be hunky-dory.

Hope that makes sense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1