6 Replies - 4972 Views - Last Post: 04 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Free Software Directory Website

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:51 AM

Hi, please review my website

Zwodnik is a great software directory, which allows you to quickly find the best free apps, software and tools for the Windows, Linux, OS X and Android. Features:

* only the best free apps (no shareware or trial)
* direct download
* similar apps and games
* mobile version
* info about ads

Site Address: http://www.zwodnik.com/

Constructive critics and advise will be appreciated thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Free Software Directory Website

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Free Software Directory Website

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

I can tell you resizing the 465.88 KB image file on the main page would be a start.

Outside of that nothing is breaking, but overall I have to ask 'why would I come back?'. Nothing, in particular, sets itself apart from the myriad of other 'free software' sites.

Oh and the 'about us' page.. why do you have a '1.' in front of the only subheading?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Outside of that nothing is breaking, but overall I have to ask 'why would I come back?'. Nothing, in particular, sets itself apart from the myriad of other 'free software' sites.

Zawodnik isn't something new or innovative, but is more convenient to use than the hundreds of other software directories. Today already, both classic software directories (like a CNET/Softpedia) and the official stores (like a Google Play) are full of useless software, which doesn't works or which is full of bugs is of no value. So if you looking for free app and you use classic software directories you wasting your time. Additionally, we offer various features not available by other sites:

* qr codes for android apps
* linux commands for installing software from repositories
* software widgets for your site or blog
* info about commercial usage of software
* links to various extras (extensions, skins, donate)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Ah.. so you didn't really want a site check/review, but just wanted to push the marketing angle. Cute.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 03 October 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Ah.. so you didn't really want a site check/review, but just wanted to push the marketing angle. Cute.

Why do you think so?I want website review...that's all
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

There is no point acting all innocent. We aren't fools. Believe it or not, you aren't the first person to try to use this section to promote a site, disguised as a site review request. It's really not that hard to spot. - I've got no reason to doubt that you are in fact looking for reviews, but lets not pretend you didn't have an ulterior motive when you posted this here. (Or in all the other forums you posted this in today. Google has at least 5 posts from you indexed so far...)

As for the site itself. I'd have to echo modi's comment about the images. Those you have rotating in the header of the site are pretty large; too large to be entirely reasonable, even on a decent connection. I'd suggest using a less expensive image format, like JPEG, instead of a lossless format like PNG. That should reduce their sizes some.

Another thing I noticed is that the items in the "Popular" and "Best Rated" groups on the home page have rather confusing sub-titles. For instance, I noticed the "Icy Tower" game with a "Platform" sub-title. Obviously it's a game, not a "platform" (which sounds to me like a software platform, like .NET or Java), but somebody unfamiliar with the product won't necessarily realize that you are in fact referring to a "platform game" sub-type without clicking the item. - I'd suggest using the top-level type there, or some combination of them, rather than just the sub-type.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

View PostAtli, on 03 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I'd suggest using a less expensive image format, like JPEG, instead of a lossless format like PNG.

View PostAtli, on 03 October 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I'd suggest using the top-level type there, or some combination of them, rather than just the sub-type.

fixed, thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1