2 Replies - 1655 Views - Last Post: 19 October 2013 - 08:52 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Apply 3-layer to MVC Application

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

How to apply 3-layer to MVC Application ? I only see peoples apply 3-teir/n-tier to MVC.

p/s: Please give me some tutorials or sample project links.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Apply 3-layer to MVC Application

• Professional Lurker
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Apply 3-layer to MVC Application

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

MVC already applies a 3-layer architecture: Models, Views, and Controllers. The basic difference between layered vs tiered is in the location of hardware involved. If your Model, Views, and Controllers are all local to each other you are using layers, if they are geographically separated then you are using tiers. To put it another way, it's a logical separation of concerns vs. an actual physical separation of concerns. A quick google for 3-tier vs 3-layer should return quite a few results.

This post has been edited by Nakor: 09 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Apply 3-layer to MVC Application

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Don't let the n-tier conversation needlessly confuse you at this point in your career. It will start making more sense when you start working on things that actually benefit from that separation. For me at least, there were plenty of things I learned about early in my college programming classes that I just had to accept until I saw it. That's just the kind of learner I am.

To restate what Nakor said, MVC is a 3-layered design pattern; ASP.NET MVC is Microsoft's application of that design pattern to the ASP.NET platform, as a (better) alternative to WebForms.

This post has been edited by h4nnib4l: 19 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1