2 Replies - 362 Views - Last Post: 05 October 2013 - 10:15 AM Rate Topic: ***-- 2 Votes

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

GUI in java learning

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

i want to start leanrning how to make codes having graphical user interface.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: GUI in java learning

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: GUI in java learning

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Try googling "Java Swing".
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: GUI in java learning

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Pet peeve: "code" in the software sense is a mass noun, not a collective noun. It has no plural. You don't eat "an oatmeal" or several "oatmeals", you eat oatmeal. In the same way, you don't write "a code" or "codes", you write code. If you mean a unified body of code that can be run independently, you might say you're writing a program or several programs, but "code" is just the undifferentiated mass of stuff which is the subject of programming.

If you're not a native speaker of English, please don't take this as a criticism but just as a stylistic note. As a writer, "I want to write a code" is a usage that causes me a near-physical pain, and it should be avoided.

The best place I know of to start with GUI in Java is the Tutoracles. Work through this material - read the text and execute all of the examples on your own machine, making experimental changes as you go. Once you've done that, you'll have a lot of good ideas and you'll probably be able to proceed from there.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1