Reduce Belly Fats Tips

• (4 Pages)
  • +

55 Replies - 2455 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Reduce Belly Fats Tips

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

i think you're basically taking this guy at 3% when he was exaggerating (either to bullshit you or maybe just because he's older and forgets numbers). "this guy says 3% but that article said 10% but obviously chad was right because he was chad so let's just adjust as if they sort of say the same thing", it's weird.

look at this page. the competition level body builder isn't even 3%. your numbers are INSANE.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

I was just reading somewhere about diet being much more important than exercise when it comes to losing fat. I joined a gym and did cardio 30 minutes per day and light weight training for 20 mins. I lost....nothing in 2 months. I quit the gym, walk 3 - 4 days per week, 30 mins each time, cut out pizza, french fries, cheese, and most beef. I lost almost 30lbs in 3 months.

Changing your diet is the most efficient, sustainable way to lose weight and keep it of. Just don't ignore the exercise.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#33 jon.kiparsky  Icon User is online

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

"Seeing those abs" is not necessarily healthy. Just sayin'. It's certrainly not necessary to see abs in order to be healthy. Remember, the OP is talking about getting rid of visible fat on the belly, not becoming a body builder.

And this is really why I suggest that for most people, sensible heuristics are going to be a lot more useful than numeric approaches. We all know what food is healthy, really, and you don't need to spend a lot of time on that. If your plate is mostly fresh vegetables, freshly cooked in your kitchen, you really aren't going to be able to eat enough to do yourself harm.

As for the argument over different numbers for body fat percentage - I get the feeling that getting warm fuzzies from spurious precision is a typical brain trap for geeks. Let's keep in mind that nutrition is not a science, it's more or less voodoo. We know that the laws of thermodynamics hold, and we know that certain chemical reactions take place, but most of the details of how we metabolize and what that means for you as an exerciser and an eater are really not well known. I can point to no better evidence than the regular cite war that goes on every time the subject comes up.

Until someone does or points to a thorough and convincing review of the literature that shows some convincing consensus, I think it's probably best to treat the numbers as you would any other religious tenets: nice, comforting, possibly even leading to good advice, but it's really not worth disrupting a good meal to argue about whose ones are right.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postsupersloth, on 07 October 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

i think you're basically taking this guy at 3% when he was exaggerating (either to bullshit you or maybe just because he's older and forgets numbers). "this guy says 3% but that article said 10% but obviously chad was right because he was chad so let's just adjust as if they sort of say the same thing", it's weird.

look at this page. the competition level body builder isn't even 3%. your numbers are INSANE.

It's true that I basically took his word for it, but what he said is consistant with my own experience. Like I said, I've personally been down to about 8% to 10% body fat, which for me meant almost being an embarresing low numerical weight. It was extremely low body fat percentage wise. We're talking about what most non-pro atheletes are at. And still, I looked like the 14% to 15% example picture.

Being a photographer and having a little body building experience, I can tell you that all the example pictures from 3% to 12% are basically the same percentage of body fat. Not that these matter squat since they're just randomly chosen pictures rather than people who were actually measured to find out what their actual body fat percentage is. Someone just grabbed a bunch of pictures that they imagined looked like a given body fat percentage. I assure you they are way off.

The 3% to 4% picture actually may be about 3% body fat. However, to get that look body builders change their diet in the week or so before competition and things like water retention, that have nothign to do with body fat, can throw that look off. Plus, you can tell he worked out minutes before this picture was taken largely by the visible blood veins. When I workout you can see my blood viens too even when I'm more like 16% body fat. Furthermore, body builders get a tan because a tan makes you look more muscular and more lean than you actually are. He's also flexing his muscles to further bring out the definition in them and make it look like he's more lean than he actually is, although in his case he has almost no body fat. Still, flexing makes one look more "chisled".

The picture for 6% to 7% is really no different. I would imagine if you actually measured, you would find their body fat to be relatively the same. Both have almost none. It's a different pose, with more light, less flexing in the chest which the picture is focused on, and I'm also seeing less "sheen" - so likely he may not be oiled down as much which further affects the perception. Both of these guys are around 2% to 4% and they likely only do that right before a competition.

The guy in the 10% to 12% shot again has more light on him to decrease definition. He hasn't just worked out minutes before the shot. He's not flexing the way the others are. I would be very happy looking like that, but that's around 4% body fat.

The 15% shot is about what I looked like when I was down to 8% to 10%, which is the lowest I've gone (it's real hard to go below that without some serious athletics because it's hard to eat sparsely enough to comfortably stay at that weight).

The difference between the 15% and 20% shot is primarily that 15% is sucking his stomach in and has more muscle. Also, the pale white ghost thing is not helping. Again that's about 8% to about 12%.

25% is getting love handles but that's still probably more like 16%. Seriously?!? You're going to try and tell me that one quarter of his body is fat? Really!?!? Granted, there's probably a little fat deep inside his body, but I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone could say that 25% of what's in that picture is pure fat. Really!??!?

Let's say he weighs 160 pounds. You're trying to tell me that 40 pounds of that is pure fat. You're trying to tell me that if he lost all his body fat he would weigh 120 pounds. Sorry. No way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

but that's my point bbeck, if the people in the 7-8% range and the person in the 3.4% range are that close that comes down to changing water retention methods and getting tans make up the difference, how can you sit there and possibily tell people "oh sure, just make sure you stay above 3% and don't bother going running unless you're already ripped"

it is:
  • absurd advice
  • unrealistic
  • possibily dangerous and unhealthy
  • probably makes a lot of people who have no reason to feel like shit, feel like shit.

also i have news for you: if you look like the people in the 15% body fat pictures you are not 8%, you are 15%. that's awesome! really great! but don't fucking kid yourself.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm not saying that anyone should get down to 3% body fat. I'm saying it won't hurt you if you do. But if you get down to that level you are very close to being at a seriously unhealthy level.

Let's say you are a 150 pound guy at 2% body fat. That means you have 3 pounds of fat on your entire body inside and out. If you then lose 3 pounds you are zero percent body fat and quite clearly in an unhealthy place. If you are a 100 pound woman at 2% body fat, that means you have 2 pounds of fat on your entire body. You lose 32 ounces and you are clearly in a very unhealthy place.

Once you get down below that final 10% you start very quickly getting to a point where one percent of weight loss happens in only a couple of pounds. My body weight can shift 2 pounds or more in a single day. So, you're on the edge of a bad place below 3%.

So, I'm not suggesting that anyone should get down to 3%. What I am saying is that you'll be fine as long as you stay above that and that you are in real danger if you go below that; so don't do it. If you go a little below that for a few days I doubt you will see any truely bad permenant effects. But there's no good reason to ever go below 3%. Don't do it.

So, again, I'm not saying "shoot for 3%". I'm saying never go below that, because after that you are well on your way to having a serious problem.

And the running thing is a seperate issue. I was not suggesting that anyone get down to 3% before running. I said 8%, but even then I just meant that you don't want to be carrying around an extra 60 pounds on your run or even an extra 20 pounds, because it puts undue stress on your joints. I'm sure you can find several doctors who would agree with that. Lose the 60 pounds first and then you can run to keep it off.

It's not my intent to make anyone feel bad. But we all know what we look like in the mirror. It's no secret. People tend to be more obsessed about what they look like than others even notice. You have to learn to be happy with who you are. But don't blame me; it's our culture of super models that suggests that you're ugly if you have more than 2% body fat. Personally, I'd prefer the girls in the 20% to 35% pictures. There's no way that's 20% or 35%, but that's the look I would prefer anyway.

People who are anorexic look bad. There's nothing healthy or attractive about that. A little over weight (like 5 to 10 pounds) is more attractive than underweight. And I've put on a couple pounds since I got down to roughly 8-10% body fat. That was quite a few years ago.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostBBeck, on 07 October 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Personally, I'd prefer the girls in the 20% to 35% pictures. There's no way that's 20% or 35%, but that's the look I would prefer anyway.

yes, it is. that's exactly what girls who have 20-35% body fat look like. you have a skewed perspective.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

Here's a chart that's more realistic:

http://www.netfit.co...centage.htm?p=2

Notice that it says that our lady pictured in the 35% body fat picture is technically obese and her health is in danger because of her weight. That's clearly not the case, because she's actually a much more healthy range like what this chart calls optimal between 13% to 20%. I would suggest she's closer to the 13% than the 20%. Regardless, she looks good and is quite clearly not 35% body fat and obese.

And it says a woman in the 13% range is still "optimal", which really just means normal and not especially athletic, not on the verge of death as some others would suggest.

Most of this whole weight loss and fitness industry is based on B.S. rather than on real science. And therein lies the problem. But notice that this is talking about measureing body fat scientifically with a hydrostatic weighing tank rather than just eyeballing it or using some crazy calipers formula.

They also tend to fudge the numbers to make people fatter for legal reasons. No one is going to sue them for suggesting you should never go below 5% body fat or never go below 13% body fat. But they might be sued for suggesting that people can go to 3% body fat, especially if they are non-athletic.

I should probably appologize for hyjacking this thread about body fat percentages.

But let me say that getting a dog and walking them every day is an excelent way to lose weight. A lot of dogs can walk a good 2 to 4 miles a day with you. You start walking 4 miles every day with your dog and you will seriously loose some weight. I speak from experience on that too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Bro, your asscheeks alone account for 3% body fat. I know a woman's normal range is about 20-22% body fat, with 15-19% being athletic iirc. My goal is 18% (as I sit here eating ramen and drinking Dr. Pepper). Your numbers are seriously shit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I changed my daily meal. Bread for breakfast, heavy meal in lunch, and bread in the evening. No snacks.

Do you think it would help? :blink:

What I'm eating before is a meal with rice. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. :whatsthat:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Too many carbs. Unless whole grain,cuz they'll keep you fuller longer and you'll want less, but still too many.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 07 October 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

I changed my daily meal. Bread for breakfast, heavy meal in lunch, and bread in the evening. No snacks.

Do you think it would help? :blink:/>/>

What I'm eating before is a meal with rice. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. :whatsthat:/>/>

I agree with NeoTifa that its too many carbs and the whole grain thing.

Go heavy on the vegetables. Eat lots of fruits but be careful because a few fruits, such as watermelon are basically just sugar water. Most fruits will help you lose weight (watermelon is about the only exception I can think of to that off the top of my head). In spite of the fact that they have a lot of sugar they also have a whole lot of dietary fiber, vitamins, and nutrients that your body needs. But the dietary fiber in them will help make you feel full and so you tend to not over-do it with fruits in spite of the fact they have a lot of fructose. Plain meat like fish and chicken tend to do you right too. There's a reason those high protein diets like the Adkins diet work.

Primarily, you have to avoid fats like butter and oils. You need to consume a little of those fats (especially the good ones), but its not hard to consume a lot of fat without even trying. Some fruits like avocado even have a lot of fat. So, sticking with the "consume lots of vegetables and fruits" rule can give you enough fat.

I would advise trying to keep it pretty balanced so that you get all the nutrients you need. High protein and other diets work, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily healthy.

And rescue a dog that needs to be walked a lot. :-) You'll be trying to gain weight after that. :-)

This post has been edited by BBeck: 07 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#43 lordofduct  Icon User is online

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

POPULAR

I'm fat and love it.

Fuck you all!

:P
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

View PostBBeck, on 07 October 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

View PostChrisNt, on 06 October 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

What works for me is running 2 times per week(1 hour each time) ,cycling for 30 minutes everyday and do exercises on horizontal bar everyday for 20 minutes.

Be careful with the running. In my opinion, you should not run if your body fat is more than about 8%. In other words, if you're not at your ideal weight you shouldn't be running. I would suggest losing the weight and then you can run to keep it off if you like. But I would strongly suggest never running to lose weight.

The reason is that your chances of injury are exponentially higher. Running already puts a tremendous amount of stress on your bones, ligament, and especially your joints. When you slam your legs into the ground you are multiplying the force times the weight of your body. The heavier you are the more the force exerted on your joints rises exponentially.

I started running to lose weight many years ago until it lead to injury. Then I was forced to quit. Later I lost weight through diet alone.

You can also burn just as many calories by walking a mile as you can by running a mile. The difference is the amount of time you have to spend at it.

That's my 2cents anyway.

Yea where were you 2 months ago! I busted the shit out of my knee trying to run and it's still hurt -.-
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:23 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=rzoqO3ENKNk
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -