• « First

55 Replies - 2650 Views - Last Post: 13 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Reduce Belly Fats Tips

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 07 October 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

What I'm eating before is a meal with rice.

Agree with others, carbs are a problem.

While whole grains are good, I feel the need to point out that rice tends to be the worst whole grain choice. This is because it's generally consumed in a not quite whole form. White rice has had much of what you're looking for in a whole grain stripped off. Even some brown rices are "polished" to the point that they almost don't count.

Whole grain in general... once it's processed the potential benefits are greatly reduced. If you aren't eating the pretty little seeds, you just don't know how much it's been "cleaned" up. Oatmeal is good, the less rolled the better. Wheat berries ( the odd name for wheat grain ) are good. I'm rather fond of barley ( an under used grain, IMHO .)

Bread, of course, it right out.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 08 October 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I changed my daily meal. Bread for breakfast, heavy meal in lunch, and bread in the evening. No snacks.

Do you think it would help? :blink:/>/>

What I'm eating before is a meal with rice. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. :whatsthat:/>/>

I think this is a great example of why calorie counting and reading a little about nutrition is a good idea. I also thought that bread was a "good" food but if you add up the calories, it's a monster, especially if you buy bread with a load of oil and sugar in it. Things like bagels are worse since they are the weight of several slices of bread.

I'd say brown rice is better than bread, especially since you are more likely to include some vegetables in there too. The trick is easy on the rice and meat (weigh them until you can eyeball them) and heavy on the veg.

That diet is also so bland I could never stick to it. For a start, the lack of nutrition (depending on the lunch, of course) will make you feel really crappy very soon. Snacks aren't necessarily a bad thing as long as they are healthy. Fruit is great, nuts are nutritious too but weigh them until you can eyeball the calories. Even crisps and sweets can be OK as long as you know you are eating empty calories and have made an allowance for that.

When I went on a diet a few years ago, I did the maths and determined that I could eat over 4000 calories a day and still lose weight. The number was so high because I started heavy (moving a fat ass takes more energy) and also did a lot of exercise. Even so, I didn't trust it so I worked out a 1700 calorie diet, ate some very tasty food and felt a million times better than before.

The spare calories meant I didn't have to feel guilty if I had an occasional snack or night in the pub. I don't think I ever reached 4000 in a day but wasn't worried about the occasional day that neared 3000. This worked for me because a diet has to be a lifestyle choice. A diet that makes me feel guilty about every single thing isn't one I'm going to stick to.

This post has been edited by cfoley: 08 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 08 October 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I changed my daily meal. Bread for breakfast, heavy meal in lunch, and bread in the evening. No snacks.

Do you think it would help? :blink:

Vague lunch is vague. & in my opinion you should snack on carrots, apples, & so on. Eating every 2 hours jumps your metabolism.

For breakfast I eat Ezekiel bread (with raisins), toasted, with peanut butter & banana slices. This is generally around 8 or 8:30. By 9:30 I've eaten a grape-fruit. Lunch between 11 & 1, usually a vegetable soup, or something full of vegetables. A sandwich, salad, or something. Then Supper is around 7pm or so, with multiple snacks throughout the day, an apple, some carrots.

Bread, vague, & bread, it's hard to say if that's any good or not.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Does weight lifting causes belly fats? What's the use of Gym belts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

No it reduces fat. They're for support so you don't get hernias.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

View Postkim_barcelona555, on 08 October 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Does weight lifting causes belly fats? What's the use of Gym belts?

NeoTifa is right. Any exercise will make you burn calories, which will make you lose fat unless you eat more calories then you burn. You can run 40 miles a day and gain weight, but it's hard to eat the 4,000 calories every day that a 40 mile run would burn (that's probably more like 5,500 calories a day because its on top of any other calories you burn in the day and you burn calories even when you sleep).

The gym belt is "supposed" to lend support to your spine. I'm not sure I believe that, but that's what its supposed to do. When you are doing a dead left or otherwise bending over to lift, there is a natural tendency to bend your spine.

When the spine is straight it has a tremendous amount of structural support. It's like pushing on something with your elbow locked; when your arm is straight it won't easily bend further. But if you shove something with your elbow bent, the bones won't help you keep your arm straight, and you will have to use more muscle than you even have to keep your arm from bending further.

When your spine is bent, it is structurally much more weak than when it's straight. It's almost impossible to cause permanent or other injury to your spine when its straight. But its remarkably easy to cause permanent injury to your spine when its bent and you are lifting even relatively small amounts of weight. This is why they tell you to lift with your legs and not with your back.

Supposedly, the belt helps keep your spine straight. I'm not sure it really does but at least maybe it helps you remember to keep your spine straight when lifting. Whether you are wearing one or not, you need to make sure your spine is straight anytime you lift anything no matter how light it is. For one, its a good practice to get in and also it doesn't take much weight to injure your spine when your back is bent.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hmmm I thought it was ab muscle support and such but I guess that works. Support nonetheless. Not important really until you start lifting heavy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostBBeck, on 09 October 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

you need to make sure your spine is straight anytime you lift anything no matter how light it is. For one, its a good practice to get in and also it doesn't take much weight to injure your spine when your back is bent.

Truth, this.

How can you tell a roadie when you see one? They bend their knees to pick up a gum wrapper. Seriously - they either do it that way because they lift everything that way, always, or they do it that way because they have no choice, because they lifted something wrong, once.

The way you pick up an object bigger than a book is:

1. Bend your knees to lower yourself to it
2. Take hold of it with both hands.
3. Get it close to your center of mass
4. Straighten your legs.

That's for, say a milk crate or more. (Needless to say, your back is straight the whole time) You can skip steps 2 and 3 for objects light enough to juggle. In between, it's your call, but it's a really good idea to be much more conservative with this than you think should be necessary. Think of leverage, and the mechanical advantage acting on a two-foot stick with a 20 pound weight at the end. If you bend over and pick up a bag of groceries, that two-foot stick is your spine.

This post has been edited by jon.kiparsky: 09 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'll tell you how I went from 245 to 190 and managed to keep most of it off. I started walking to the Subway done the street to see my friend and grab some grub (NO, this is not the Subway diet). I started doing that everyday for a while until it became a regular habit and the walk felt good. Then one day instead of walking back home I decided to walk past Subway in the other direction. I wouldn't push myself, but from time to time I would just try to go a little bit further and make that distance my new walk. Pretty soon, like everything I do, it starting getting ridiculous. I started tracing my walk on Google Maps and discovered I was up 12 miles a day which I never planned on. Once the pounds started coming off I felt like I could do more and started more high impact things like push-ups and skateboarding. That was about 2 years ago and even after letting myself go a little I'm only back up to 210 which I just started to work on again.

I love computers, but they are not the best cardio. If anyone has tips to combine the two let me know.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well, speaking of burning fats. Burning Fats is different from burning Muscles right? When one is on a diet, only fats will be burned not muscles right?? B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

Perhaps you should read up a bit on metabolism.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First