Linking tutorials

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1817 Views - Last Post: 10 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Linking tutorials

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

So I have begun to make a series of jQuery tutorials that I will be submitting and I was wondering what the best way to link them would be. How will I know what address to use in the link? Will the address be the same after it is approved (positive thinking)?

This post has been edited by laytonsdad: 10 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Linking tutorials

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Linking tutorials

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

You won't know the address until it is submitted. That's just the way of the forum software. I would highly suggest having conspicuous thread names.. including a numerical heading.. like '1/2' or '3 of 5'. People are smart enough to navigate a forum - they will be smart enough to deal with finding similarly titled tutorials.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Ok, I was using the titles of my blog posts What is jQuery[JQ1], Selection with jQuery[JQ2] and so on.

Thanks modi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

I suggest doing something like I did:

http://www.dreaminco...%23-start-here/

Obviously yours would be of much narrower scope, but you can pin an "index thread" that you keep updated as your tutorials are approved. The index is in the main forum rather than the tutorials section (so users have easy access). And if you check the threads linked, they all have links back to the index page. That way, I don't have to go into each and add links back and forth as they are created.

Personally, I think it's been a big success. Most of the tutorials I've done for that have gotten more views than my average standalone tutorial (barring a few popular exceptions).

If you don't have all the permissions you need, PM me or anyone else on staff and we can help you set it up the way you want.

Edit: feel free to fork the template in that thread if you like it. I've found that it serves me pretty well.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#5 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

And if you want to add links to the next tutorial at a later point, a team member can make that happen!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1