0 Replies - 903 Views - Last Post: 14 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Information Security and More

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hey guys I'm Posting this topic to invite everyone who has taken, planning on taking, is curious about, or has knowledge/questions on related topics, to OSCP(Offensive Security Certified Professional) which is Pentesting course!

My main purpose is to initiate an exchange of information on topics pertaining to Information Security and Programming, feel free to talk about your journeys in life since one could learn a lot about the path others have taken!

So please join in, I'm eager to learn and I'm sure many share this feeling!

My journey into the OSCP challenge starts Sunday(20th), anyone who is on the same path and wants to discuss something pertaining to OSCP let me know!

I would like to start by talking a little about me and my interest, I'm an autodidact who started college at 18 and after a couple of years trying to find my path I quit college and started to take an interest in Programming. I soon found out that I was facinated by most everything related to computers, I wanted to learn everything that would make me a better programmer, so I took comptia A+, comptia Network+, and started to get every book/tutorial that could help me learn about networks, programming, Operating Systems, Databases, Math, Hardware etc. A little overwhelm with all the information I struggle at first trying to determine where to start and what topics should be primary. It been almost 2 years since my journey started and I'm proud to say I've learned a lot and have a hell of a lot more to go.

The current topics I'm studying right now are Information Security, Programming, and Math.
OSCP is my first step into Information security and - The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook - is going to be my next programming book, as for Math - Precalculus: A Prelude to Calculus -

I have recently found APIs and more specifically kernel development/explotation very interesting so any recommendations on books/tutorials would be appreciated, The Linux programming interface seems to be a great book from what I read in reviews and contents
so I would recommend it if you share my interest.

Precalculus: A Prelude to Calculus is a great book specially for self-learning.

Also I would like to know what programming languages you guys think are a must, right now I Know Python, bash, and C. On my to do list
I Have assembly, and pearl and I have heard good things about ruby, and php.

Last but not least some words of wisdom that have helped me on my journey hehe

"To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather
an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives.
Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born
an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1