Assume the following:
a. Disk spooling is NOT being used.
b. The printer does NOT have a hardware buffer to hold the output while the printer is printing
(The theme music from Mission Impossible is playing faintly in the background).
SIMULATE the following scenario
A hypothetical program computes for three seconds then outputs a variable length record to be printed. The printer takes from 0.75 to 4.75 seconds (average time is 2.75 seconds) to print each output record. (Use a random number generator)
The hypothetical program loops 500 times for each case of software buffers (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 25, and 100 software output buffers). Calculate the AVERAGE time for the program to “virtually compute and print” a record from the 500 records, for EACH of the 9 choices of buffer. Plot the results. The Y axis is from zero to 8 seconds, and the X axis is nonlinear and displays all nine cases of buffers.
Yes this is a homework assignment, no I do not want the answer.
I'm looking for a general idea of what is supposed to go on in this problem. That is all.
Hope you can help.
- Caffeine Lounge
- Corner Cubicle
- Student Campus
- Software Development
- Industry News
- Introduce Yourself
- C and C++
- .NET Framework
- Other Languages
- Game Development
- Mobile Development
- 52 Weeks Of Code
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Graphic Design
- Flash & ActionScript
- SEO & Advertising
- Web Servers & Hosting
- Site Check
Follow & Share
- Python with Timmy the Turtle 2
- Python with Timmy the Turtle (and Friends)
- Creating, Renaming and Deleting Directories using the OS module
- timeit module
- Advanced Python Generators
- Calculating the runtime of a function
- A Basic PyQt Tutorial (Notepad)
- Making, importing and using a C library in Python (Linux version)
- Python Tips and Tricks - Second Edition (Indexing Lists and Strings)
- Python EasyGUI basics
- 35 More Python Tutorials...
- Bubble Sort (Python)
- Simple GUI calculator
- Get the MD5 Hash of a String
- Fitting a straight line by least square method
- Open folder in Windows Explorer
- A program to find standard deviation
- Numbers Guessing Game
- Greatest common factor and Lowest common multiple
- XOR en/decrypter
- Distance between two points
- 219 More Python Snippets...