• +
  • « First

1310 Replies - 39732 Views - Last Post: 29 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

#1306 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Re: Video Games Currently Working On

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

Not sure as I haven't been arrested. However, at level 40 you can get an Executioner Cloak and title by having low crime points and doing a quest. When you have the title on you can send people to trial after you kill them.

The trial happens with or without your presence once it's started, and if you log before it starts it'll just start when you return.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:23 AM

I bought 7 Days to Die last weekend, and spent most of the weekend learning how to play it. It isn't finished yet, and is sold as part of Steam's early access (currently in version Alpha 9.3), but even in its unfinished state, it is still an excellent game, and the developers are releasing new content/updates for it on a regular basis.

If you survive the first few minutes, you usually have enough time to get some exploring done, hopefully find a better weapon or two (or make one), some food, water. Then you have to look for shelter, because when night falls, it gets dark. Really dark. Especially indoors. And the zombies get tougher, and faster at night too, so you'd best hope you've found yourself someplace safe to hole up for the night.

Spending the night in one place isn't as bad as it sounds. There is a lot to do with your inventory, all revolving around crafting. Weapons, clothing, medical supplies, food. These are all the basic crafting options you'll need in order to survive, but it also goes further. You can make a forge, which allows you to create molds for iron ingots (and others). This iron, and stone, gravel, and all kinds of other resources can be used to build, not just items, but structures too. Everything from simple wooden huts to fortified castles with walls, moat, and traps, plus an underground bunker and escape route. It's all possible.

There are no vehicles in game, yet, apart from lootable cars which don't work, but this is down on the developer's list of things to add after launch.

Possibly best of all about 7 Days to Die are the developers. They are communicative, regularly update both the game with new patches, and their site/blogs/forums with new news. They listen to their fans, and, from what I have read on their forums, actually listen to their fans and even integrate some items the fans ask for into the game itself.

In short, highly recommended. If anyone else buys it, let me know. I think it could be interesting to have a /dic server running where we could all build up something together.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#1308 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

I slugged through the GotY Arkam Asylum over the weekend.. meh.. an okay game. I wasn't quite all gaa-gaa over it like some people were gushing. Arkam City GotY was another five bucks so I am dinking with it. I don't know.. neither game seem to be really stoking my fires.

Bleh.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Still having lots of fun with 7 Days to Die. I'm still learning more than the basics, but I've now figured out how to make concrete to build with, and have a pretty good strategy for surviving the 7th night feral horde (think massive horde of zombies who are fast, strong, and can pick up your scent anywhere, or at least, anywhere that I've seen so far).

Since I'm still learning the game, I've only seen the first feral horde as I keep restarting to try something different, but apparently, they come every 7 days, and they get harder each week.

Basically, what you do is surround a building with wooden spikes, then work your way up the building to the very top, filling each floor with wooden spikes. Then you just hide on the roof, or in the attic, until the horde has killed itself on your traps. My current game I have a great base. It's in the attic of a partially ruined building. I've built up the walls around it and installed a door, and the only way of getting to it is to climb the inside of the building, then jump around on the broken parts until you get into the attic.

The rest of the building is pretty trashed after my first feral horde. I'm not planning on rebuilding it though, as I think it'll last until I get started on the next thing I want to try.

The next thing I want to try is digging out an underground lair. It'll take a while to dig out, but the overall plan is to have two entrances, the first, a long tunnel loaded with traps, and the second, a mine shaft type affair that goes deeper than my base and has lots of spikes at the bottom and a ladder to get out. If the zombies come in the shaft way, they fall to their deaths, and if they come in the tunnel way, they are got by other traps. I'm thinking landmines, TNT, and oil barrels.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#1310 depricated  Icon User is online

• Derpicorn

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

7 Days to Die looked a lot - and sounds a lot - like Don't Starve crossed with Day Z
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Ill-informed Mongoloid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

I've not played either of those games, but I have looked at both on Steam, and yes, there are similarities, but what do you expect from a zombie apocalypse survival game? There is really only so much you can do to differentiate your game from the others out there.

I forget its name (although I could even be thinking of DayZ), but I saw a trailer for another game on Steam that was, basically, the exact same gameplay as 7 Days to Die, and claimed to have all of the same features (and no, I wasn't watching a trailer for 7 Days to Die).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (88 Pages)
  • +
  • « First