10 Replies - 5580 Views - Last Post: 11 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

1and1 hosting

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Anyone have any dealings with this host? I recently picked up a client whom has their hosting through this company for some database and PHP work. But, I am having a hell of a time getting in. It looks like I have two options either let the client know I need FULL access to their control panel, which I really want to stay away from, or Two, write the code to create the database through the PHP connection so the first time it is run it sets the table up and then checks if the table exists on subsequent calls. Unfortunately this company apparently does not allow remote connection without have a dedicated server!

Any ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 1and1 hosting

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: 1and1 hosting

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've not dealt with them myself, but I've heard others complain about them. Don't have any details though.

As for your problem. I see two options: One, get the access you need to do this through the control panel; or Two, create a setup script that sets the whole thing up, and then run that once before using the program. Don't go having the normal code check if the tables exist each time; that's an enormous waste of resources.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

I can't say anything about the mentioned company but being in your place, I'd use hosting from time-tested companies like readymakers and rivalhost. They have resourceful plans and uptime is high.
Their cost efficiency is very high considering the below-average prices and account specifications correlation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

I've been a long time fan of JustHost and HostGator myself. JustHost from personal experiences, HostGator from numerous recommendations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

I am seriously looking into either a host account or vps with hostgator.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 07 November 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Anyone have any dealings with this host? I recently picked up a client whom has their hosting through this company for some database and PHP work. But, I am having a hell of a time getting in. It looks like I have two options either let the client know I need FULL access to their control panel, which I really want to stay away from, or Two, write the code to create the database through the PHP connection so the first time it is run it sets the table up and then checks if the table exists on subsequent calls. Unfortunately this company apparently does not allow remote connection without have a dedicated server!

Any ideas?

I nver try them but as I know 1&1 offer good hosting solution. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:04 AM

Apparently "Your mileage may vary" because I keep hearing other people say good things about Hostgator, but my experience is getting worse by the month. I've been with them for around 4 years now. They were amazing up until last year. They moved facilities and then started pumping out deals to new customers.

Now they go down every month. I'd love to get away from them so i can find a stable host. But so far the only options I can come across are JustHost, GoDaddy, and 1and1, all of which have their own terrible stories. I'm starting to feel like hosting has become the new cable service industry.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Apparently "Your mileage may vary" because I keep hearing other people say good things about Hostgator, but my experience is getting worse by the month. I've been with them for around 4 years now. They were amazing up until last year. They moved facilities and then started pumping out deals to new customers.

They actually got bought out by a company with a less than stellar reputation for delivering quality service. It's a shame, they really did used to be a good host.

Check out Site5. They haven't been bought out yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Huh, site5 looks pretty great.

Thanks for the tip!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

View Postastonecipher, on 07 November 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Hi,
This is the best hosting which we can modify the site according to the needs. I will give you a link which some what your problem can be rectified.My link
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thank you, but that project was finished and deployed 5 months ago. I just worked around the issues and created self destructing script files to do what I needed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1