5 Replies - 31824 Views - Last Post: 17 September 2007 - 01:12 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Instant Messaging

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:21 AM

Hello

I have to do an instant messenger, those like MSN or yahoo messenger. I was told that I could use ASP to do it, but now that I do some googling, ASP seems unable to do it. Am I wrong?

Which language would be easier/better for creating an instant messenger? C# is ok?

I know a server, client and library are to be made for the instant messenger. Does anyone know any tutorial on this stuff?

And any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Instant Messaging

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Instant Messaging

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

wluisainds, I am currently writing up a tutorial on a basic client/server chat application that I've had lying around for a while now (created it a while ago to help someone out). In about an hour or so I should have it completed. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 16 Sep, 2007 - 08:43 AM, said:

wluisainds, I am currently writing up a tutorial on a basic client/server chat application that I've had lying around for a while now (created it a while ago to help someone out). In about an hour or so I should have it completed. :)

I have no real need for this but i'm currently learning both c# and ASP.net and am interested in how this would be handled. Once you post it can you drop a line here so we can find it? Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:02 PM

Basic Client/Server Chat Application in C# Theres the link to the new tutorial showing how to create a basic client/server chat application. Remember, this tutorial covers just the basics, someday Ill write an advanced one :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 16 Sep, 2007 - 09:02 PM, said:

Basic Client/Server Chat Application in C# Theres the link to the new tutorial showing how to create a basic client/server chat application. Remember, this tutorial covers just the basics, someday Ill write an advanced one :)

THANK YOU!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!! I'm very excited right now B) And it's exactly what I need: the basics!

THANKS!!!!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:12 PM

Fantastic, thanks for the hard work on that tutorial. I'm at work at the moment but will certainly make some time in the near future to go through it. It'll help me understand some of the client/server processes, I belive. Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1