View Postnata_steev, on 29 October 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I downloaded this project and run it
but I have a problem
the problem is
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
on this line // tcpClient.Connect("127.0.0.1", 4296); //
what kind of connection should I run ?
thanks a lot

The net.tcp port is 800*, so I would try changing the port from 4296 to 8008 or 8001 or 800x where x=0-9 and see if that connection works.
I was getting the same error, and I changed the IP to my server (rather than "home" IP), and the port to a net.tcp port, and it started running. Hope it works.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

Can someone tell us how to use the code. i have unzip the Chat Server & client both. But not able to use.
when i run the application it is throwing exception like "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refuse it. I have also changed the TCP IP & Port. But not able to use.
Please help me.

Shmsuddin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• There's no such thing as the Dog Poo Fairy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refuse it.

This error is mentioned several times in responses to this tutorial. I suggest that you read through all the responses.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

I agree this is hardly a tutorial when you are left to figure out what the author is trying to say and do.

View PostShawn, on 26 July 2010 - 08:37 PM, said:

This is a horrible project none of the classes fall in line the control you are using are ok, but when you are working with namespaces they aren't properly being recognized I am not sure what version of .Net you are using but I tried this on the 2008 Visual Studio and this code only partially worked and I was not sure if you started this for a Console project which I assumed it was and I really didnt like the clarity of this project it had some inclusions in it. this project did not even work to many errors and the name space PC what was that man come on make a better tutorial and lets get a chat program working.,

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• There's no such thing as the Dog Poo Fairy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:18 AM

I haven't completed the tutorial myself, but have read through the thread. The tutorial was written in 2007 and the sample file was downloaded 80,000 times. Many have thanked the author for the tutorial. Some have reported problems, but in most cases these seem to have been through some firewall or server settings, or perhaps just not following the instructions closely.

It is extremely doubtful that the tutorial itself is fundamentally flawed. If you cannot "figure out what the author is trying to say" then that is a good enough reason for you to abandon the tutorial (and at an early stage) but, given the otherwise excellent responses (and viewing/download statistics), must be considered your personal opinion.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First