• (2 Pages)
  • +

23 Replies - 1833 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

i have not motivation to do web development

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Hello everyone,

first time i made a web page was 4 years ago, it was a very simple html file and since that time we've been studying a little bit of HTML and javascript at high school, this year we are also studying HTML along with CSS, but it was always about basics, but the problem here is not about education at all, we never studied Flash, Photoshop, Java or C# and yet i have a good level at each one of them maybe it's not that good, but i did something with any of this tools and while am working i always had some goal at mind, which is the real problem of this question, i want to make websites, specially when i saw a beautiful design, but i don't know how to decompose it to find where to start, i can do that easily for games or applications, but i can't do the same for web and i really don't know why, maybe because it insist the use of three different languages, or maybe not.

So guys what are you think ?? is this a common problem for new web developer or it's me who will not get into web because i simply attached to something else ??

thank you very much and have a nice day

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: i have not motivation to do web development

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: i have not motivation to do web development

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

lol, i wrote this topic after 28 hours of non sleep, please someone fix the title :P
not -> no
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

i want to make websites, specially when i saw a beautiful design, but i don't know how to decompose it to find where to start, i can do that easily for games or applications, but i can't do the same for web and i really don't know why,

Then learn how to. See how sites are built with tutorials.. read about effects, etc.

So guys what are you think ?? is this a common problem for new web developer

Is it common that new web developers do not want to do web development? No.. it just means perhaps you don't want to do web development.

it's me who will not get into web because i simply attached to something else ??

Perhaps.. but then again I don't know you.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

well i think that the solution must be in the projects/practice that i choose, if it's fun and challenging then i think i will get involved and want to finish it, but if it is super hard and more than that it's ugly, then normally everyone would hate that job,so, do you have any idea where i can found something like that ? a good place to start web developing (not for absolute beginners)
thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

if it is super hard and more than that it's ugly, then normally everyone would hate that job,so, do you have any idea where i can found something like that

I am unclear what you are looking for when you say "something like that".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 20 November 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

if it is super hard and more than that it's ugly, then normally everyone would hate that job,so, do you have any idea where i can found something like that

I am unclear what you are looking for when you say "something like that".

heu...
to be honest, neither do i :P
i will look for it by my own if i know what to look for, but i can explain more,
for example in game development, the best practice is to clone most common basics games, and advance according to that, the more games you make, the better you will be. I tried doing the same with web dev but it was always over-complicated, and it always looks like it doesn't worth to try.

thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

I tried doing the same with web dev but it was always over-complicated, and it always looks like it doesn't worth to try.

Either you choose to adapt, overcome, and achieve, or you don't.

I am not sure if anyone can suggest a magic project that will solve your issues. Trust me.. if you continue you'll get projects you loath but have to do, you know, because it is your job.

Have you ever followed a step by step web site mock up tutorial?
http://psd.tutsplus....with-photoshop/

They are littered everywhere.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

okay i'll try

View Postmodi123_1, on 20 November 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Have you ever followed a step by step web site mock up tutorial?
http://psd.tutsplus....with-photoshop/
They are littered everywhere.

no, not for coding at least, i only do step by step tutorials when i am trying to learn graphic design but i'll try that too

thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

If you are not motivated dont go for it.. In order to success you need to give all of you!
But you can still start small buying a domain name from godaddy,namecheap or get it cheap from rapid cheap domain..

Good luck!

This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 25 November 2013 - 09:43 AM
Reason for edit:: Mod edit: removed link. Seemed relatively pointless, slightly off-topic, and very spammy. ~ B9

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Nero

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

It has always been my experience that the best way to learn is to create something that I want to create, rather than try to mimick other people. Then, assess which technologies can accomplish your goal, and select one. This has kept me interested by way of keeping my projects interesting and challenging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

View Postdepricated, on 25 November 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

It has always been my experience that the best way to learn is to create something that I want to create, rather than try to mimick other people. Then, assess which technologies can accomplish your goal, and select one. This has kept me interested by way of keeping my projects interesting and challenging.

i cannot say that i don't want to create websites, i really want to, but i always set game development as my first priority, then desktop programs comes next, i believe that's why i didn't found time to make websites, maybe when i reach a certain number of games and programs i will try to build my own portfolio instead of using tumblr.
Well...
it seems that there is no magic trick for this "problem"
i'll keep you updated in case i start building something (cause am probably gonna need a lot of help lol)
thank's a lot guys ^^

have a nice day
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

It would seem to me if game dev and desktop dev are more interesting to you (as you seem to be telling us), you should go into game dev or desktop dev. Is there a special reason you're looking for web dev inspiration?

• Find something you like.
  • Learn it and learn it well.
  • Get an education.
  • Build a portfolio.
  • Apply for jobs.
  • Work until you die.

This process doesn't change regardless of what type of development you get into. From where I'm sitting, it doesn't sound like you actually WANT to learn web dev or you'd have already done it. Just sayin'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 25 November 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

It would seem to me if game dev and desktop dev are more interesting to you (as you seem to be telling us), you should go into game dev or desktop dev. Is there a special reason you're looking for web dev inspiration?

• Find something you like.
  • Learn it and learn it well.
  • Get an education.
  • Build a portfolio.
  • Apply for jobs.
  • Work until you die.

This process doesn't change regardless of what type of development you get into. From where I'm sitting, it doesn't sound like you actually WANT to learn web dev or you'd have already done it. Just sayin'.

well i guess there is no reason to hide the purpose of this question,
one of my professors at college recently started a web dev agency, and because am the only active developer in the class (trust me, you will not believe it when you see my classmates level)anyway, he asked me to have a part-time job in his agency if i want, so i told him that for the moment am afraid to get stacked in every little problem (i really hate it when i am doing something and have no idea about it) so i asked for a little time to get comfortable with web development, however, since that day till now, i didn't do more than 30 minutes :bananaman:/> xD
and to be honest, the reason is more than "i don't want to" or "i love making games better"
i have other responsibilities,
am building a game with 2 friends (artist & designer) and am working 3hours/day as a freelancer also for a mobile game, but when i thought about it, i've found that i always had some free time that i mostly spend doing "nothing" (playing,watching Tvshows, or just surfing the net)
you may now just say "well learn web development in that time !!"
that's the problem :P/>
i feel very lazy when it comes to web dev, and that's what i meant by "i have no motivation to do web development"
PS:
please don't get me wrong, but i always thought about web dev as a "secondary job", something that need less skills than software or game development, i had that idea since the first time i get into programming

thank you

This post has been edited by alaslipknot: 25 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postalaslipknot, on 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

please don't get me wrong, but i always thought about web dev as a "secondary job", something that need less skills than software or game development, i had that idea since the first time i get into programming

This, right here? I can't.... I can't even. I just... wow.

Do the web dev world a HUGE favor and turn down the job. Seriously. Just say no.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostBenignDesign, on 25 November 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

View Postalaslipknot, on 25 November 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

This, right here? I can't.... I can't even. I just... wow.

Do the web dev world a HUGE favor and turn down the job. Seriously. Just say no.

LOL!!
i didn't mean to be offensive :P
it's just a thought that i have no idea how the hell it got into my mind :wacko:
so why you don't be a WebDevHero and make it go away :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +