6 Replies - 1629 Views - Last Post: 01 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

How to Plan a Project

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

I am in the final year of graduation level in I.T (information technology), and planning to create a Web project. How do I proceed i.e. what should be my plans, design , testing for the Web project (a General overview of all web projects).
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to Plan a Project

• Pancakes!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to Plan a Project

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

Isn't that what you've just spent a few years learning?

I'm trying to find a non-mean way of saying "you're in your final year of IT school and you don't know how to start building a web project???" and failing. What have you been doing with your time?

(a General overview of all web projects).

That's a bit of an ask. Perhaps a bit of research might be in order? I mean, software engineering is a reasonably well-established discipline. There's some thought that's gone into this question.

Try Joel Spolsky (joelonsoftware.com)- not always right, but always confident. It may or may not help you with your project, but he's usually entertaining.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

I have never developed a project, created small applications all this year and I needed an overview of the Web projects.

This post has been edited by CY5: 26 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

you telling me you never had to take a course that used Visio or made flow charts?

your school didnt make you take one software engineering course?

seriously?

little effort please
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:31 AM

yes i did flow chart and uml
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Before you even get to the planning stage you need to know what the site is going to be. What problem does it solve, what is it going to be used for? Start with the Why, Then you move onto the how. Then you start breaking big problems down in to littler problems that turn into classes that turn in to properties or methods. And then you figure out the logic.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

hi/may this help you ,im in same stage of college i also making project but this is what they asked()
its consist of 4 steps

1:- interduce your project (what will you do ? what is benfit of you project ? who can you use it)

2:-how did you made your project what application you used and what code you used it *like you explaining to someone how to do your project)your wabpage should be ready for using it

3:-description of your project with all details

i can get project like this if you want it i will send it for you, we hade made project like this before ,,,

View Postari03, on 01 December 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

hi/may this help you ,im in same stage of college i also making project but this is what they asked()
its consist of 3 steps

1:- interduce your project (what will you do ? what is benfit of you project ? who can you use it)

2:-how did you made your project what application you used and what code you used it *like you explaining to someone how to do your project)your wabpage should be ready for using it

3:-description of your project with all details

i can get project like this if you want it i will send it for you, we hade made project like this before ,,,

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1