2 Replies - 4567 Views - Last Post: 05 December 2013 - 05:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how can i make an application in vb.net with online database?

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:17 AM

how can i make an application in vb.net with windows based application's look & feel and using online database which can be used from anywhere, only i have to install the exe of software on any system and i could access the database which is kept on online server? ... I want to do this because of speed which i cannot get in browser based application. so that's why i want to create an application using vb.net & ado.net but i want to connect that application to online server database. Is it possible to do so and is there no problem in connectivity to online database by windows application?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how can i make an application in vb.net with online database?

• Too busy for this
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how can i make an application in vb.net with online database?

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:51 AM

You can connect to a database anywhere that is connected one way or another. You just have to specify where you are connecting to. Connection Strings has what you are looking for in the connection. If you want more guidance on how to do it, you need to post what you have do to solve your problem.

I will say that a database stored online is not nessisarily better than local(other than multiple users can access it), you are limited by, do they have internet access, is the server holding the database online or is it down, connections speeds, and a few other things.

If you believe that a browser is to slow to use why do you think holding the database online will be faster?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: how can i make an application in vb.net with online database?

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

View Postastonecipher, on 05 December 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

You can connect to a database anywhere that is connected one way or another. You just have to specify where you are connecting to. Connection Strings has what you are looking for in the connection. If you want more guidance on how to do it, you need to post what you have do to solve your problem.

I will say that a database stored online is not nessisarily better than local(other than multiple users can access it), you are limited by, do they have internet access, is the server holding the database online or is it down, connections speeds, and a few other things.

If you believe that a browser is to slow to use why do you think holding the database online will be faster?

Thanks for your Reply.

Yes i can use the path of the database in connection string but it will be slow connectivity. No i don't think that keeping database online will be faster m just asking if there is any possible way to make connectivity faster just like a windows application. I am saying it because where i want to implement that software , there are so many operation who works like non-stop and if i create an browser based application than they won't be comfortable working on that application koz they are addicted to work on LAN based application.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1