8 Replies - 1067 Views - Last Post: 23 January 2014 - 09:01 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Question : Rounded Form Corners on borderless form

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Hello ! anyone know some good links or coode snippets for rounded corners of a borderless form

Thanks! :bananaman:
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Question : Rounded Form Corners on borderless form

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Question : Rounded Form Corners on borderless form

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

Not not knowing which version you use, you might have to install MSPowerpack 3 and can follow the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BzN-OJfDyk8
and for a short discussion:
http://www.vbdotnetf...orm-corner.html
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostMinimalist, on 11 December 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

Not not knowing which version you use, you might have to install MSPowerpack 3 and can follow the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BzN-OJfDyk8
and for a short discussion:
http://www.vbdotnetf...orm-corner.html

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hi,
You can also do it like this. Create a background image for your form with a decent image editor that will save it as a png image with transparency. Then you can create any shape you want for the form. Then in your project set the image as the background image. Set the background color to an odd color you don`t plan on using in your form and also set the forms TransparencyKey property to that same color. Also set the FormBorderStyle to None of coarse. Now your ready to add controls to your form. Don`t forget to add a button with Me.Close in the click event so you can close your app being the ControlBox will not be seen on a Borderless form. Here is a form i added a button to close the app and a label at the top.
Attached Image Attached Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

View PostIronRazer, on 21 January 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

Hi,
You can also do it like this. Create a background image for your form with a decent image editor that will save it as a png image with transparency. Then you can create any shape you want for the form. Then in your project set the image as the background image. Set the background color to an odd color you don`t plan on using in your form and also set the forms TransparencyKey property to that same color. Also set the FormBorderStyle to None of coarse. Now your ready to add controls to your form. Don`t forget to add a button with Me.Close in the click event so you can close your app being the ControlBox will not be seen on a Borderless form. Here is a form i added a button to close the app and a label at the top.
Attachment Untitled.jpg Attachment Untitled2.jpg

But i cant do that:
let me explain, im making a vb os
and ive have a background, the form calculates the position and size of the screen and cuts the background so the form look like it's transparent but all controls are fuly visable without any change, so how do i make to make that form with rounded corners?

This post has been edited by Deftware: 22 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostDeftware, on 22 January 2014 - 01:49 AM, said:

let me explain, im making a vb os

I'm not sure if I'm impressed or horrified 8).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

I think maybe you are misunderstanding the term OS and using it the wrong way but, creating an OS "Operating System" is like creating Windows XP, Wndows 7, Windows 8 or others. That is going to require a lot more than it appears. I have been working with electronics and several different programming languages for over 25 years and that is way beyond anything i could do.

Perhaps you mean your creating a VB.NET application that runs when your windows OS is booted up and you want it to make your windows OS look or act different.

Anyways, i am really not understanding what you are trying to do other than giving a form rounded corners. Maybe some more details and a screen shot would help me or someone else understand what effect your trying to get. B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

View PostIronRazer, on 22 January 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

I think maybe you are misunderstanding the term OS and using it the wrong way but, creating an OS "Operating System" is like creating Windows XP, Wndows 7, Windows 8 or others. That is going to require a lot more than it appears. I have been working with electronics and several different programming languages for over 25 years and that is way beyond anything i could do.

Perhaps you mean your creating a VB.NET application that runs when your windows OS is booted up and you want it to make your windows OS look or act different.

Anyways, i am really not understanding what you are trying to do other than giving a form rounded corners. Maybe some more details and a screen shot would help me or someone else understand what effect your trying to get. B)/>

Ok so here is how it looks:

Posted Image

and heres my code

Private Function CropImageas() As Image

Dim _Result As Image

Dim _ImagePath As String = Commands.DUll + "UserWallpaperFullSize.png"
        Dim lx As Integer = Me.Location.X.ToString
        Dim ly As Integer = Me.Location.Y.ToString

Dim CropRect As New Rectangle(lx, ly, Me.Width.ToString, Me.Height.ToString)
        Dim OrignalImage = Image.FromFile(_ImagePath)
        Dim CropImages = New Bitmap(CropRect.Width, CropRect.Height)
        Using grp = Graphics.FromImage(CropImages)
            grp.DrawImage(OrignalImage, New Rectangle(0, 0, CropRect.Width, CropRect.Height), CropRect, GraphicsUnit.Pixel)
            OrignalImage.Dispose()
            _Result = CropImages
        End Using

Return _Result

End Function

so can you help me with rounded corners?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

You dont' make yourself very clear. Do you want to make a screenshot and load it into a picture bos. Do you want whole screen overlayd or not? Do you need to be able to drag the form? If you want to overlay the whole screen, why rounded corners?

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

This post has been edited by Minimalist: 23 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1