What are you working on today?

• (133 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1982 Replies - 46012 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

What are you working on today?

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Please, regale us with tales of today's adventures and exploits.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What are you working on today?

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: What are you working on today?

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

Final Countdown. 3 days and school is complete for a month! ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:23 PM

Had a meeting with the boss. Blew off A LOT of steam regarding stress levels and morale and the constant paranoid fear of job loss. She countered with praise and encouragement. I had no idea she thought so highly of me... especially as of late when I feel I've done nothing but screw up perpetually for the last two years.

Regardless, my stress levels were almost instantly reduced - a weight off my chest, the yolk off my shoulders, if you will. It feels fabu. However, now the urge to nap in celebration is almost too strong to ignore.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Burning vacation days.. so off until Monday.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Got my tool written for my group. It takes about 3 minutes to run but it saves possibly 3-4 days of developer time. It automates the process of examining a new command list and figuring out whether an existing driver contains some of those commands. It then spits out a list of matches (with certain confidences as well), non-matches for unsupported and non-matches for new commands. And it's all written in LabVIEW (about 20 VIs)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

BenignDesign,
I had that kind of day about a week or two ago. Terrified I was going to lose my job because I got an email while at home one day that I was sick saying I had been requested to join a meeting with my boss and the COO of the company. Turns out everyone was sent the meeting invitation, except me the first time it went out, so they sent mine seperate. When I got in the meeting it was about them taking away overtime for salary employees and instead giving us bonuses for meeting deadlines, and allowing us flextime :D All my stress went away.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Had my first rejected fix ever :( remember to check your string length before jumping into substrings!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Before I got this job, I always had issues with Substring() But I'm constantly doing string manipulation in my position now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postybadragon, on 12 December 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

BenignDesign,
I had that kind of day about a week or two ago. Terrified I was going to lose my job because I got an email while at home one day that I was sick saying I had been requested to join a meeting with my boss and the COO of the company. Turns out everyone was sent the meeting invitation, except me the first time it went out, so they sent mine seperate. When I got in the meeting it was about them taking away overtime for salary employees and instead giving us bonuses for meeting deadlines, and allowing us flextime :D/> All my stress went away.

HAH

When I had a meeting like that several months ago, all my expectations were met. The company I worked for then were total douchenozzles. We had one guy who lives in Michigan - the company was in Kentucky. They made him drive down for a face to face meeting, wouldn't tell him what it was about, then scheduled an 'emergency meeting' at 6pm (after most of us have already left) and make everyone drive back in, to tell us we were all fired and had 3 weeks, here's your severence option.

Then they kept coming back to me like "hey, you should apply for one of these tech positions, I'll totally hire you for it." and I'm like "Hahaha no way, I get a month paid vacation to look for a new job, are you kidding?"

Found the most awesomest job ever and I swear I'm in love with the company I now work for. :wub: The benefits are crazy, and the atmosphere is ridiculously uplifting. People take responsibility for their stuff, when things are broken people scramble to fix it and not just call names and point fingers, I haven't seen a single paper tiger yet. It makes me so happy!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 12 December 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Had a meeting with the boss. Blew off A LOT of steam regarding stress levels and morale and the constant paranoid fear of job loss. She countered with praise and encouragement. I had no idea she thought so highly of me... especially as of late when I feel I've done nothing but screw up perpetually for the last two years.

Regardless, my stress levels were almost instantly reduced - a weight off my chest, the yolk off my shoulders, if you will. It feels fabu. However, now the urge to nap in celebration is almost too strong to ignore.

Glad to hear the meeting turned out so well B9! ^^ Your kind heart deserves it ;)

View Postdepricated, on 12 December 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Found the most awesomest job ever and I swear I'm in love with the company I now work for. :wub:/> The benefits are crazy, and the atmosphere is ridiculously uplifting. People take responsibility for their stuff, when things are broken people scramble to fix it and not just call names and point fingers, I haven't seen a single paper tiger yet. It makes me so happy!

I'm loving my new job too ^^ Almost afraid to ask, but what is a "paper tiger"?
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

#11 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 12 December 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Your kind heart deserves it ;)/>

You're going to be the reason she disappears and we find a news article about some woman rampaging around screaming BENIGN BENIGN like a fucking pokemon punching squirrels and eating baby bunnies to prove how kind she's not
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

Boss was so worried about getting her hair done that she left without giving anyone their bonuses----- i hate female bosses lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Fuck you. Some of us do our own fucking hair.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#14 depricated  Icon User is online

• DLN-000

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostAnalyticLunatic, on 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

I'm loving my new job too ^^/> Almost afraid to ask, but what is a "paper tiger"?

Good!

I think it's a chinese thing originally, something something looks scary as a tiger but is flimsy as paper?

I've always used it to describe the sorts of assholes who flood middle management. Corporate lickspittles who have no knowledge whatsoever of the job they're doing or supervising, but have the generic business degree and some certifications to back it up. Usually has their MCSE (Must Call Someone Else) and some management fad training certificate like Six Sigma. They usually receive any technical certification through the use of those "Learn the A+ Test in a Week!" classes, and are the kinds of people who post on here about how they have this great idea for a website, it's like facebook but for X and they'll give you % of the profits if you develop it for free to start out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostBenignDesign, on 12 December 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Fuck you. Some of us do our own fucking hair.

yep and i Love your kind--

i cant stand the yuppity ones who wear nothing but designer stuff and must always "leave work" for an appointment which usually is nails or hair
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (133 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »