• +
  • Last »

1982 Replies - 47807 Views - Last Post: 15 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What are you working on today?

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Today is the last day of being here for our Sales Manager who happens to be the owner of the company's grandson. In order to celebrate the time he's been here, we are having a company wide ping pong tournament!!!! :D

I haven't played in a ping pong tournament since I was 13, and I'm very excited :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:56 AM

View Postybadragon, on 13 December 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Today is the last day of being here for our Sales Manager who happens to be the owner of the company's grandson. In order to celebrate the time he's been here, we are having a company wide ping pong tournament!!!! :D/>

I haven't played in a ping pong tournament since I was 13, and I'm very excited :D/>

so your owner owns the companies grandson?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:06 AM

I don't like apostrophes. They always confused me in school where to place them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostDarenR, on 13 December 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

so today i will do almost nothing

I do this every day.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

View Postybadragon, on 13 December 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Today is the last day of being here for our Sales Manager who happens to be the owner of the company's grandson. In order to celebrate the time he's been here, we are having a company wide ping pong tournament!!!! :D/>

View Postybadragon, on 13 December 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

I don't like apostrophes. They always confused me in school where to place them.

Makes perfect sense.

This post has been edited by h4nnib4l: 13 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I listened to the lunatic from the copy center tell me all about how her 13-year-old son disappeared for 6 hours yesterday and how, when he finally came home and she started giving him hell for it, he reminded her that she was no angel when she was a teenager... and she agreed with him and dropped the subject.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

I have arrived at my job this morning with no tasks on my task list, no emails asking me to do anything and my long term task list being full of completed entries.

I will be here today to answer the phone and field email support requests...but I will get nearly an entire day to work on my own shiat. I'll probably live long enough today to regret saying this but Friday the 13th may not be entirely shitty.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

POPULAR

IT'S MY LAST DAY THIS TERM. Going to pick up my mom at the airport, and she's going to help me pack up and move all my things back to Atlanta. On the way back we're going to stop in New Orleans for a few days of vacation! Yayaya!

I also have a Spring job on campus next Spring (also with National Instruments), where I am a LabVIEW Student Ambassador. My responsibilities will include teaching a 9 week LabVIEW course to university students, proctoring the certification test and grading. Finally, I do promotional events with the local sales force stationed in Atlanta. This company is so great!

AND I also succesfully got all the job offers I interviewed for last week and HR set me up with the LabVIEW K-8 software team, which means I PLAY WITH LEGO ROBOTS!!! And of course the software used to program them. This is for next summer. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

If you're heading to the Atlanta area from the New Orleans area I'll be pleased to pay you cash money if you happen across any spare alligator meat (fillets) you may feel inclined to buy. That or gator/pork sausage.

Welcome back, BTW!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#40 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

That's great news dogstopper!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• RISC Architecture is going to change everything.

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

That's awesome Topper! I'm excited for you!

Craig, I'm in a similar boat I think. About to finish up my last change request here in a minute and ship it off to the test build, then I've got nothing for the rest of the afternoon..

B9, my mom woulda whipped my ass for that when I was a teenager. She'd have been like "and I won't let you make the same mistakes I did!"

ah...parents...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yep, I'm doing a little code cleanup this morning. While building the pages for my app I had hard coded a lot of the CSS to get it lay out and look the way I wanted. Now I need to be able to allow an admin interface to supply some CSS to the individual page elements.

So, stripping inline style attributes out in favor of stylesheet CSS while simultaneously making room for dynamic incoming style elements to override the default styles...and discovering lots of nifty CSS3 shit along the way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

I've been working hardcore on a ASP.Net project, lots and lots of JIRA tickets. :)/>/> If I'm lucky most will be 20 minute fixes but we'll see. I'm also getting down and dirty with Go!

It's a fantastic language that will definitely catch on in a couple of years, no question about it.

https://github.com/sergiotapia/smitego

This post has been edited by Sergio Tapia: 13 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

View Postdepricated, on 13 December 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

B9, my mom woulda whipped my ass for that when I was a teenager. She'd have been like "and I won't let you make the same mistakes I did!"

Exactly. I'd be all, "You're right! I DID make mistakes! A shit ton of mistakes! So don't think you can pull one over on me! I did it ALL and I know what you're thinking before the thought even registers in your little teenybopper mind, little missy! I'm watching you. And so help me, if I have to chain you to the basement wall to keep you from doing the same stupid shit I did as a kid, I am not above investing in the shackles!! Nowsir, you are officially grounded for a solid month. Don't ask to watch a movie. Don't ask to use your phone. Don't ask to play with your DS. You are done. You can read. You can draw. You can build shit with Legos. That is it. End of list. You can glare at me and roll your eyes until your eyeballs fall completely out of your head, it doesn't change a damned thing. Now go to your room. If you're not on the verge of either death or peeing yourself, I don't want to see you the rest of the night. I'm so mad I could spit nails right now. Now go!"

Spoiler

Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostCraig328, on 13 December 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

If you're heading to the Atlanta area from the New Orleans area I'll be pleased to pay you cash money if you happen across any spare alligator meat (fillets) you may feel inclined to buy. That or gator/pork sausage.

Welcome back, BTW!

I'll keep my eyes open, that's for sure. I'll let you know. And thanks, I'm happy to be back.

Today consists of documenting EVERYTHING that I've done this entire semester.

@B9: You sound like my mom, and I turned out alright.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (133 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »