2 Replies - 3740 Views - Last Post: 16 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Crisis Center Check

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

I've been donating some time to this relatively local Crisis Center. Since they've only had a Homestead Site before, I've been playing around (( webplus x7 )) to put one together for them.

Problem number one: "Oh yes, we know we need onem and we like what you're doing!" does not convert to them doing anything with it on their own.

Problem number two: The director has decided that she's going to micro-manage free work ( Argh!! ) with comments like "I don't like that shade of purple!" When I replied, almost three weeks ago, "Find one one the web that you do like and I'll use it." .... you got it, dead silence. (( Comment, that shade of purple has been chosen by the Family Violence community ))

Question: Without being critical of the content (or lack thereof) any suggestions regarding structure - well, almost any constructive comments regarding anything except content - would be appreciated.

Argh !!!! It's been along day and it's not over with yet! The site is "http://fccbb.org"

Is there a way to edit a post once it's been posted ... am I missing the obvious?
//al

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Crisis Center Check

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Crisis Center Check

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostAlJones, on 15 December 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Is there a way to edit a post once it's been posted ... am I missing the obvious?
//al

You need to have at least 15 posts before you can edit.

About the site,

Your colors kill me. I cant stand the contrasting bright colors. It needs to be toned down a bit.

The links are hard to read with white text.

The content needs some other background color because the text is hard to read.

This is where I stopped looking. :) Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Crisis Center Check

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for you comments. The colors have been their choice, by and large. I've tried to be responsive to their wants. It really bugs me, we cover the largest three counties in Texas (one of which is bigger than Rhode Island!), most of the people down here are computer literate. They have three offices with a total of about 10 people and, for some reason *I* can't fathom, realize they need a form of electronic communication but aren't that interested in generating content.

I'll be making some changes today to try to tone this down some - because I agree with your comments. Let's see what happens. Again, thanks //al
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1