4 Replies - 1650 Views - Last Post: 20 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

High School Student Looking for iSearch Interview

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hello! I have browsed through this forum and have noticed you guys have a great community here. Some very helpful and intelligent people!

Anyway, I am a high school junior looking to interview someone for my iSearch paper. The iSearch is a research paper in which you pick a career you are interested in and research it. You then must present your findings in front of three judges on whether or not the career is the right career for your future. One of the requirements is that I must interview someone who is in this type of career.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] with your email and phone number (only the email will be used unless my teacher expects plagiarism in the interview, if so it would be a very brief phone call just verifying you are in the field). The interview is a very short seven questions.

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: High School Student Looking for iSearch Interview

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: High School Student Looking for iSearch Interview

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

You'll find some members happy to give written responses to interview questions but people will be reluctant to give you their email address and nobody is going to give you their phone number. I think you would have more success calling a local company and seeing if they will help you out. You'll also gain a contact who might be able to offer you a job in the future or help you find one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Let it rip!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

If you Post your questions, You may get a few answers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

I understand, honestly I'm annoyed that the phone number is required fr full credit. I would be glad to have an interview with just an email address in order to receive partial credit.

Here are the questions -

1. Did you receive any formal education outside of high school for software development/computer science? If so, what degree did you receive?
2. How long out of your last form of education did it take for you to start a successful career?
3. What was the salary of the first software development job you received after your last form of education?
4. What is your current salary?
5. Are the jobs steady? As in, it is easy to keep a job in this career?
6. Are projects done only in the office or do you spend time working on them at home?
7. How versatile are the jobs/projects as a software developer?

Any suggestions on the questions would be helpful or if you want to answer them it would be even more helpful! Just be sure to email me your email/phone number and credentials.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

That list of questions looks very similar to what my son had to ask when he was researching a future career. (Unfortunately, he is not interested in software development.) It was hard for him to get responses online. Calling on the phone made things slightly easier.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1