2 Replies - 6217 Views - Last Post: 08 November 2007 - 10:47 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Using the Java Access Bridge

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi, I would like to know how to use the Java access bridge (or a different API) in order to read the screen buffer of what's happening on the screen.

What I want to do is to read text from a window that could pop up at any time and then display the text in a .txt file log.

A point in the right direction (and to know whether Java Access bridge will actually help me perform this task) will be greatly appreciated. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Using the Java Access Bridge

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Using the Java Access Bridge

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

View PostKraiden, on 20 Sep, 2007 - 05:36 PM, said:

Hi, I would like to know how to use the Java access bridge (or a different API) in order to read the screen buffer of what's happening on the screen.

What I want to do is to read text from a window that could pop up at any time and then display the text in a .txt file log.

A point in the right direction (and to know whether Java Access bridge will actually help me perform this task) will be greatly appreciated. :)

This is somewhat of a selfish reply -- just wonderng if you've had any success in using the Java Access Bridge.
I am attempting to gain access to specific text in a JAva app and store it in a var$
thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Using the Java Access Bridge

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:47 AM

I don't think that you can do it in a platform independent way, so some OS specific APIs should be used with JNA or JNI.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

Page 1 of 1