2 Replies - 4719 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

website review of local web marketing portal

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hello everyone me and my team are creating a website that allows people to write local articles of any city in the united states and market as we have seen that local articles do great on search engines.Since me and my team are so closely tied to this website it is hard for us to give unbiased opinions of it, so if possible try to do a review of it; the site is fully functional but were adding more things to it the website click here

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: website review of local web marketing portal

#2 Slice  Icon User is online

• sudo pacman -S moneyz

• View blog

Re: website review of local web marketing portal

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:33 AM

The style isn't too bad. Comes across as very minimalistic. The articles need some padding, just like 10 or 20 pixels should be good. At the moment the text is going right up to the edge.

Also the article titles on the home page and on the article themselves don't have any capital letters. If you are giving people the option to write articles then you should write a script to automatically change the first letter of the to uppercase. I don't know what back end language you are using, but it's a simple process in php. Having all in lowercase gives of an unprofessional image, especially on the home page.

Clicking on someones profile, and then onto 'Services' gives me an error. Error. An error occurred while processing your request.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: website review of local web marketing portal

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'm a fan of the minimalist design of the main page. The article gallery looks great, I wouldn't do much to change that.

I definitely think the logo needs some work to get up to par with the rest of the site. It reminds me of a late 90's search engine logo. I think a less harsh rollover style on the navigation bar would do a lot for the style; the gray background is a little much.

I think the ad banner would look much better between the navigation bar and the content. It sends a bad message for it to be placed at the very top of the page. These are minor nitpicks but I think they would do a lot to help the design of an already good looking main page.

The articles however need a LOT of work. As Slice mentioned, they definitely need to be padded. I think the box-shadow looks tacky and should be removed or toned down. The summary area (at the top, containing the title, photo, and intro paragraph) should have some kind of styling to them, and the actual content of the article should be formatted better for readability.

Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1