2 Replies - 1163 Views - Last Post: 08 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Searching for Programming Internships

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

I'm a first year college student and I'm really hoping to land a full-time programming-related internship this summer, but I'm not really sure where to start looking. I live somewhat near Columbus and Cleveland and I figure most of my opportunities will be coming from one of these cities since they're major population and business centers, but how should I go about looking for an internship? Is it better to search through job postings for these areas until I find a suitable program, or should I just start contacting businesses in those areas and asking if they have any programming-related internships to offer? Thanks in advance for any input!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Searching for Programming Internships

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Searching for Programming Internships

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

I would talk to your department counselor.. they typically have a good handle on things.. while doing that I would also canvas your local market's job posting boards.. dice.com.. etc. See what's out there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Searching for Programming Internships

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

What modi said. When it comes to looking for internships or jobs, the best place to start is advisers or even professors. They know what they are talking about, most of the time.

Also, there a couple of other places that you could look for internships that would even have scholarships available along with them. A friend of mine just got accepted to work for NSA over the summer and also now has a full scholarship to his college. There are tons and tons of opportunity's out there.

One website that can always help is the most basic. College Board
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1