5 Replies - 2094 Views - Last Post: 22 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Can I post my CrowdFunding campaign

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:18 PM

I've spent 5+ years so far creating a software developer's tool to help other developer's create their software. There are many benefits for developers who want to use this system. I've also just launched a CrowdFunding campaign to promote this product. You would think that I would want to introduce this to other developers in case they're interested. But I'm being accused of spamming in other forums.

So the question is, can I introduce this campaign on DreamInCode? You'd think other developers might be interested in this, but I don't want to break any protocol here.

Thanks,
Jon Fernandez

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Can I post my CrowdFunding campaign

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Can I post my CrowdFunding campaign

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:34 PM

Please do not post your crowd-funding campaign. Not to be rude- but I can see how signing up for an account somewhere and asking for money can come across as spamming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Being you just joined with the intent of dropping out links to your crowdfunding - yeah I can see how that would lean towards being spammish.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

Thank you for your reply. I see your point, but if you look at this from my viewpoint a little, it's a bit mystifying. I've spent 5 years developing a tool to help software developers. I was never paid a dime to do this. Now I can:

A. Sit around and just be proud of myself.

or

B. Tell people about it who might be interested.

And if I'm going to tell people, do I do it at an automotive shop, a blog site about new baking ideas, or a forum for software developers?

So I've got this great tool that could save people years of effort, but it would be rude to inform those that would be most interested.

I'll see if anybody else comments on this, but it just seems odd to me. I'm not even asking for money directly, just informing them about something they might be interested in - even if they don't want to donate to it.

But thanks for your reply (and a quick one at that). Let's see what others say.

Jon Fernandez
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Let's see what others say.

Seeing as you have an admin and a mod comment against I am pretty certain the discussion is done.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 PM

Lots of members spend their time here helping other developers, at no monetary or materialistic gain. That is, developers might learn some new tricks and stay sharp. However, nobody gets paid. It's one thing to Share Your Project in a way that says "Hey everyone, look at my neat program!" It's different to post and say "Hey everyone, go download this!" or "Hey everyone, I need money!"

As Modi said though- this is the decision, and outside input will not change it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1