Topic: Dieting

• (3 Pages)
  • +

32 Replies - 3290 Views - Last Post: 02 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

• Stressed Out Programmer

• View blog

Topic: Dieting

Post icon  Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Ok, my wife and I have started a portion control diet utilizing Hoodia, Bitter Orange, Alli Supplements. Next week she is going on a Doctor Controlled Diet. So what diets is everyone on/tried/heard of working?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Topic: Dieting

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Topic: Dieting

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:35 AM

My wife went vegan, & I piggy back it. For the most part I just eat food around the house, which is purchased from farmers markets & health food stores. Lots of raw foods. Every once in a while I'll have pizza or chipotle though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:17 AM

Alli gives you anal leakage, Hoodia is being sued, and never heard of the other two. Atkins gave my mom heart disease and clogged arteries because she's dumb and misinterpreted it as saying she can live off of nothing but sausage, bacon, and cheese. >__> I'm just poor, so I'm doing the hot pocket and granola bar diet. I do eat a lot of Wendy's though, but only because it's right next door to the office I'm working in and I've been waking up late. Surprisingly enough (or not), since I started taking my anti-depressants, anxiety, binge eating disorder meds I've lost almost all my weight that I gained last semester. I got about 5-7 lbs until I'm back to sort of where I was.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

i do this thing called staying active and playing sports

also i dont eat very many fatty foods or drink soda
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hoodiais ground up cactus.Bitter Orange is ground up orange peels.

Hoodia is a Appettite Supressor while Bitter Orange Contains synephrine and is an Appetite Suppressor. I have my Caffeine and Water during the day. Carnation Instant Breakfast in the Morning and at Lunch and a Lean Cuisine for dinner. Then through out the day I eat fruits and veggies for snacks.
I have gotten in habit of writing my food down, so when I hit towards end of the day I make up calories with Junk food. (I am running on a 1300 calorie diet, and the first 2 days I was at 875 and 925 calories so I got to each some good stuff to make up the calories.). I take 1 hoodia and bitter orange in the morning, 1 bitter orange at lunch, and 1 hoodia and 1 alli at dinner.
every week has a splurge day.[I still take my hoodia,bitter orange and alli] when calories don't count.

I watch my fat content very closely. Next Friday will be my first weigh in.

I weighed on Monday 220lbs and I am 5'8". Based on my BMI, I am 50 lbs overweight. So I plan to loose 20-30 lbs to take in account for muscle mass.

Exercise consists of playing with the kids, walking dog and working around the house.

This post has been edited by alapee: 24 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

POPULAR

I don't understand doing anything more than the calorie deficiency diet. Where does weight come from? Calories. Some diets may let you only eat certain types of foods, but if you're still eating 2500+ calories of those foods, you're not gonna lose any weight.

Use a calculator like this to find how many calories you require to keep at your current weight. It does all of the calculation for your but about 500 calories a day is a pound (500*7=3500 calories to a pound). Want to gain a pound a week? Do 500 over the number you get. To lose a pound a week, do the reverse.

Want to curb your sweet tooth? Diet soda! Want that piece of pizza? Sure! But you're gonna eat salad for dinner... It really isn't a limiting diet. Pretty much eat what you want but don't go over the calories. People will say "Oh but you can't live on pizza!", but you just watch! I kid, really you think it's awesome and then your body realizes it requires certain nutrients and hey - you can eat that too. Try to avoid a lot of sketchy/unknown gas station brands because they tend to not have the correct calorie count.

I went 200lbs to 170lbs... Been real lazy recently cause I was liking my weight and it was the holidays, but now I'm aiming for 160.

This post has been edited by creativecoding: 24 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

There's the professor who tried living on only Twinkies and water, but he kept to a certain calorie count. He lost weight, but obviously felt like shit and had health defects.

http://www.cnn.com/2...diet.professor/

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 24 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Not really on a diet, per se. I decided as a new years resolution to quit drinking soda of any kind. I've switched entirely over to water and gatorade for my daily consumptions. Occassionally I'll have other things (some decaf tea or juices). I did this for reasons other than weight loss, but the that's a pleasant bonus.

Something that I always try to throw in to topics about dieting is that calling it a diet is stupid. It is a lifestyle change. You stop doing the things that helped you lose the weight and you will gain it back.

Keep at it, embrace it, but don't be foolish to think that you've only got to do it for two weeks and you're done.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

I'm on that awesome diet where I'll be really super good for weeks, then I'll binge like a 12-year-old at a slumber party for 3 days, talk shit about myself, binge more to swallow the feelings of the mean things I said, cry, refuse to eat for a two days, get back on track for a couple weeks, then my period starts and I eat donuts and cream horns like a pissed off velociraptor with a junk food hard on.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

POPULAR

just eat better and watch calories. drinking some sort of special sauce isn't gonna do shit.
Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:27 AM

View PostSplinteredChaos, on 24 January 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Something that I always try to throw in to topics about dieting is that calling it a diet is stupid. It is a lifestyle change. You stop doing the things that helped you lose the weight and you will gain it back.

You are absolutely correct here. It is a change in life style.

There are some other mitegating factors I have. A) I use Bottled Water + Crystal Light Energy because I use to be a Mountain Dew Head [We are talking on my worse day a 24 pack, not to mention all the energy drinks I had]. I haven't drank soda in almost a year.
B)I stopped smoking a couple months ago.
Now I would use a straight calorie reduction technique but I have a habit of "blind" snacking. So I am using the hoodia/bitter orange to curb my snacking habits and writing everything down.

So once I have my portions sizes down the hoodia/bitter orange go away. [this will probably be in my maintenance phase] right now I am looking at the beginning of June to have all the weight off healthily]

The it is all about maintaining.

@creativecoding - I keep a calorie book in my back pocket to see if what I want to eat fits in to my last calories of the day. The calculator link was awesome, thank you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

if your looking for a tasty beverage that helps you lose weight i can give you some of my patented "sloth's throat coat pulp gulp". good for weight loss as well as the common cold and influenza.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

.... and high in protein!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

helps build muscle which burns fat!
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• The Noid
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

And you'll even get a bit of a workout whipping it up...
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +