3 Replies - 3622 Views - Last Post: 25 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Photoshop Split Image

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:14 AM

I was wondering if there is a quick way, or even a feature built in, where I can split an image down a line, and it shows the image underneath.

I can do it manually, by rasterizing and then erasing the parts I don't want, but I'd like to do this dynamically - I put in a percentage of the area to be removed (similar to how the gradients work).

Here's my example:
Attached Image
EDIT: The image is of some text, which is two images of the same logo, but one white and one black, sliced up and place next to one another.

I could just use a gradient overlay, but it would overlay everything, and there are small, minute, sections of the image where the colours are inverted (overlay would overlay it all in one colour).

Any ideas?

This post has been edited by Quin: 25 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Photoshop Split Image

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Photoshop Split Image

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

There might be away with 'clipping mask' attached to a the layer.. color it differently or set it to invert..

Though I am not wholly certain what you are showing me with that image and your explanation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

Sorry, I've edited the original post.

Basically the white section and black section are two images placed next to one another. I was wondering if I could do something similar but only using one image (or make it easier than editing two images).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

yes.. make a new layer.. use the marquee tool to select the half you want inverted.. color it white.. set the layer to 'difference'... no need to rasterize the text.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1