1 Replies - 681 Views - Last Post: 03 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Padding or empty space to the right of my screen

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Hi

I've got this odd empty space to the right of my screen.

Now, when I code it up, the site looks fine, but following a tutorial on creating a theme for WordPress, it talks about resetting and rebuilding the CSS, which when I do, it causes the space to appear.

I often do something similar to this myself, but this is the first time I've used another's code, and it seems to happen when I reset (rebuild is fine).

Attached are the reset and rebuild, as well a cropped screenshot of the site.

From the image, you may notice that there is a blue-grey section to the right; this is stopping the body or the div layers from going the full 100% of the width (you can tell because of the browser toolbar at the top).

EDIT: Okay, it seems to be the scrollbar, or at least, the width of the scrollbar; how has the reset/rebuild put this in?

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Quin: 29 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Padding or empty space to the right of my screen

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Padding or empty space to the right of my screen

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

There's a feature of CSS that allows forcing the browser to always display the scrollbar. If the page does not need scrolling, it will show the disabled scrollbar. It's possible that the reset CSS contains a line of CSS that forces displaying the scrollbar. I've linked a page that documents this CSS trick, so you might do a search for the lines of code shown there in your reset stylesheet.

http://egilhansen.co...show-scrollbars
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1