0 Replies - 3647 Views - Last Post: 29 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Learning AWS and Apache Together no WAMP Connection

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I have opened a micro instance on AWS with a Windows_Server-2008-R2_SP1-English-64Bit-Base-2013.11.13 (ami-1e53c82e) virtual machine. RDS is open and I have connected with remote desktop connection. Additionally, at initialization I set HTTP (port 80), and HTTPS (port 443) although I do not know how to verify that now. From within the VM I navigated to XAMPP and installed a default installation (minus MySQL). I then navigated to XAMPP control panel V3.2.1 and started Apache. I set a password on XAMPP directory. I set a "Hello World" test txt file in htdoc and that loads in the VM browser. However, when I try to access the pubic IP, my local browser times out.
I think I covered the first three checks on "xampp configuration in windows server 2008 r2 ec2 instance" post
but not sure how to change the elastic or private IP response if that is relevant.

Objective:
I would like to learn to utilize AWS. WAMP is a exercise in learning how to use AWS effectively. I am working from a windows local machine and have had little success with PuTTy so have preference to windows instances. However, in the vain of learning to maximize cloud resources I can change instances or programs to establish a simple dynamic web presence on a cloud platform.
Luckily, fresh instances can be generated for a common starting point if a different type of instance would simplify the issue.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1