3 Replies - 229 Views - Last Post: 30 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Just created webpage and need help/advice

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

I just created a .COM website for a fantasy racing league at my local race track. I have it setup now where people post their driver picks via a Facebook page. I plan on posting results and point standings on the .COM website weekly. I will be keeping season long point standings. My problem is if i have like 300+ people do this league I don't want to have to manually figure up points for 300+ people with a pencil and calculator.

So my question is, is their a software or program out their I can use that will automatically figure up these points after I enter in data results, finishing results, etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Just created webpage and need help/advice

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Just created webpage and need help/advice

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

it depends on how complex those calculations are. e.g. if you save points in a DB, you have a couple of mathematical functions available, so it would be just some lines of SQL (or even a View).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

Basically someone will select "3" different drivers each week, that person accrues points all season long based upon their drivers finishing orders in the top 20. Ex: 1st-30 points 2nd-26 points 3rd-24 points 4th-22 points etc. I drivers finishing order will change week to week but the position points will remain the same.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

If you enter in the results of each race then it shouldn't be a problem to write an algorithm to calculate the points for each person for each week. I doubt you'll be able to find something already written to do exactly what you're trying to do though. Most people would use a language like PHP to interact with the database and do those calculations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1