Weirdness in file listings

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 2906 Views - Last Post: 31 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Weirdness in file listings

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

Oh holy shit. Never mind. The issue is that the network administrator copied the live site to a different server and my system mapping has never been corrected. Oy gevalt.

I've attached a screenshot, complete with red arrows of seeming importance of the issue I'm about to describe.

On the left, you see a screenshot of the directory listing from a mapped drive in Windows XP. This drive is the live images directory for a website I'm trying to update.

On the right, you see a screenshot of the directory listing from the exact same directory as shown through the Joomla Media Manager.

You'll notice there are two files in the Media Manager that aren't showing in the mapped drive. These files were uploaded via Joomla's Media Manager yesterday morning... yet, according to the mapped drive, they do not exist.

I can put the URL in my browser and they display without an issue... but countless refreshes of the mapped drive - and even a full system restart - have failed to make them appear in the window.

Any even remote guesses as to what might cause this discrepancy... and how to fix it??

Thanks, folks! You're the greatest!

Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Weirdness in file listings

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Weirdness in file listings

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Can you view hidden files in the Windows folder? If you rename one of the files in the Windows folder, confirm the file name change on Joomla.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1