5 Replies - 653 Views - Last Post: 08 February 2014 - 10:57 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Graphics in Python

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I just finished studying C, I know I still have a lot to learn whahaha it was funny ! I thought I became I a programmer, but I was not even a half programmer. Anyway, I am very visual person I really care about polished graphics and stuff like that, so when I wanted to study graphics in C I was shocked that many people claimed it needs years of experience. I turned my head on Python thinking I was very harsh with myself when I learned C. I'm kind of GO AHEAD YEA! YEA! and not taking care of what behind or what in front of me. I don't know should I say for C Goodbye ? and say for Python hey! my new friend ? Tough C is my first programming language and I hated it lol it made think I'm the absolute idiot. So what do you think programmers about my decision now ? I think I wasn't right just admit it, I wanted to study a strong language. Maybe my little experience in C will help me a lot to study Python and master it ?!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Graphics in Python

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Graphics in Python

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Is this a question or a rant?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

It helped you allot xD

Anyways... I advice you to improve you C experience studying C++ ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

Using SDL in C is a very valuable exercise and is not that hard, just takes a lot of code to do anything cool. Python on the other hand gets you going very fast and a lot easier. You can transfer any C paradigms to python easily and read C graphics books and use a lot of the material to improve your python expertise. However, it depends on what you are going to do with your programming skills. If you want to do home projects , python rocks for speed of development and simple type games and some more involved things as well, but if you want to do graphics professionally you need to learn C and also C++ as that is what the industry uses.

Regards
Verne
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON PROGRAMMING PROFESSIONALLY:

Like everyone else has said, I would recommend you keep studying C & Eventually Upgrade to C++. I would recommend that you pick up some GUI books for both languages. Some Good Books can be found HERE!

IF YOU ARE PROGRAMMING AS A HOBBY:
I recommend that you learn how to make GUIs in as many languages as you want. I mean, you are doing this as a hobby it is meant to be fun! But, if Python is going to be your first choice. First you need to pick on the core syntax and language. I reccommend that you use Codecademy, as it teaches the very basics, and gives you some fun projects to work on! After, you have picked up on Python, PyQT is the way to go in my opinion. Which is a Module or plug-in for Python. Many people prefer PySide, but that is not me. Some good resources are HERE, and a slightly outdated but extremely good book is HERE!

Hope this helped!
-Conner
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostDblAAssassin, on 05 February 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON PROGRAMMING PROFESSIONALLY:

Like everyone else has said, I would recommend you keep studying C & Eventually Upgrade to C++. I would recommend that you pick up some GUI books for both languages. Some Good Books can be found HERE!

IF YOU ARE PROGRAMMING AS A HOBBY:
I recommend that you learn how to make GUIs in as many languages as you want. I mean, you are doing this as a hobby it is meant to be fun! But, if Python is going to be your first choice. First you need to pick on the core syntax and language. I reccommend that you use Codecademy, as it teaches the very basics, and gives you some fun projects to work on! After, you have picked up on Python, PyQT is the way to go in my opinion. Which is a Module or plug-in for Python. Many people prefer PySide, but that is not me. Some good resources are HERE, and a slightly outdated but extremely good book is HERE!

Hope this helped!
-Conner

I have no doubt that C is a very stiff language, I admit. But looking backward at C maybe not for me, I really don't want to play with lots of codes just to create a basic window ? I think I'm the lazy programmer who wants to play with small quantity of codes, but they must be powerful like Python. After all, I believe that I'm not a big fan of C anymore after I discovered it's a king size language, not because I don't grasp it, I'd rather say I really got what I need from C not C as whole. Here's the problem of C in my point of view: when a programming language demands many syntax then you expect more bugs ! that's very logical to me, plus C deals with the iron that's very huge concept to understand as a beginner in any language not just C itself indeed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1