2 Replies - 730 Views - Last Post: 08 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Indenting css.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

Guys, I am a starter web-developer and am learning CSS and html these days...

I like to take inspiration from various websites i come across to develop.
so i usually use view page source and dev.tools to find how that site is constructed...
But guys when i select the css file for viewing , its highly scrambled and unordered (I mean not at all indented ), so its very hard to read and understand it... so u know any apps or sites which can indent and css files you choose appropriately for easy reading...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Indenting css.

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Indenting css.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

What you are talking about are minified files. Unnecessary white-spaces are removed to reduce the size of the file.

Many IDEs offer automatic re-factoring features for code, allowing you to auto-format it. Of the top of my head I remember seeing such features in , WebStorm/PhpStorm, Netbeans, Eclipse and Visual Studio.

There are some websites out there too, who offer this. I've tried several with mixed results. This one is one of the better sites I've seen.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Indenting css.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

In recent versions of the Chrome Dev Tools there should be a CSS prettifier button, although usually you don't need to look at the structure of the CSS as much as what has been applied to the DOM.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1