Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2995 Views - Last Post: 21 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

#1 g00se  Icon User is online

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Suggestion: caret in [code] tag

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

How about placing the caret automatically to the defaultly desired position when code tags are placed without an existing selection (in the middle of them)?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Suggestion: caret in [code] tag

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Suggestion: caret in [code] tag

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

I remembered this post and decided to to come back to check on it. I'm surprised to see no replies, I think this would be a big convenience.

I think this ties into this thread, too. As a site dedicated to programming, I think DIC could definitely use some adjustments for streamlining the process of sharing code.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Curtis Rutland  Icon User is online

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Suggestion: caret in [code] tag

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

I believe this control is a plugin for the forum software. I'm not sure how much control we have over that.

However, I started a project with a few other DIC members to make a Chrome addon that does keyboard shortcuts for the editor. It should place the cursor sanely, if you feel like trying it:

https://github.com/c...ditor-Shortcuts

Also, if anyone is interested in contributing, all you really need is some Javascript experience. Feel free to fork the repo and send me a pull request with updates. The project has kinda stopped at the moment, but new contributors could revive it.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1