3 Replies - 1035 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2007 - 07:35 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Future Windows User Interfaces for Applications

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:21 AM

We are surrounded by graphics and user interfaces, starting from electronic devices and continuing with software.
Operating systems have support for interesting user interfaces features, but none of them seem to be used.

We often face applications having static user interfaces. The interesting thing is that companies have everything needed to build up dynamic user interactive applications. There may be several reasons why they are not doing this, though this is not my concern.

As a counter-attack to this, I have done a little demonstration application. It has a dynamic user interface and demonstrates in a simple fashion that user interfaces can be more attractive than the good old rectangular windows that we see each day.

You can view a demonstration at the following link

Rotating Circles Form

I hope that my work will light ideas in people's minds.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Future Windows User Interfaces for Applications

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Future Windows User Interfaces for Applications

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

It is an interesting concept! However I can't stop laughing when I think of the users who would go berserk looking at a form like this (the not even casual gamer type). Also, I would be really careful with mails coming from support personnel because they would sure like to see you burning in hell (just try to tell somebody who is using a non-localized app which button to click on a rotating GUI).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:19 AM

Though neat for eye candy and all, as an end user I might use something like this if it was the only application on the planet that did what I needed done, otherwise it would drive me batty lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2007 - 07:35 AM

it would be a cool option, not sure how practical it is. I would totally install it on my laptop, there's barely an MS os left on it after all the mods i've made, lol
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1