I've been trying to install a local server on my home computer's C drive with no success. I have successfully used XAMPP to install the Apache server on two other machines - but this one is giving me problems.
When I used XAMPP to install the server, it locked me out because MySQL was supposedly already installed, although there is no listing of it being installed in the Control Panel Installed Programs List.
Finally, decided to install the components separately to see if I could isolate the problem. I am following the simple instructions for installing Apache 2.4 on Windows found at Lynda.com:
As per instructions:
- Downloaded Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from here: http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=30679
- Downloaded the current VC11 Apache 2.4.7 Win32 zip file from here: http://www.apachelounge.com/download/
- Successfully installed the Visual C++ Redistrubutable
- Unzipped Apache24 directory and moved it to the C root directory
- Edited the httpd.conf to designate the server as localhost
- Using the cmd command window, I ran httpd.exe from the Apache24\bin> directory. Got the following error message: "The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."
- Successfully reinstalled the C++ Redistributable using the "Repair" option.
- Ran httpd.exe again. It failed again. Same error message.
So, what's next? As you can see, I could use a little help from anyone who might know where to start.
Many Thanks in Advance,